Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like tehm or not you have to admire them. They have been wrote off so many times and tehy keep coming back like yesterday.

I wouldnt mind if they won league (dont think they will). Be better than the other 4 teams

Like tehm or not you have to admire them. They have been wrote off so many times and tehy keep coming back like yesterday.

I wouldnt mind if they won league (dont think they will). Be better than the other 4 teams[/quote]

You don't have a lot of tottenham supporting mates do you? It would be disastrous.

I wouldnt mind if they won league (dont think they will). Be better than the other 4 teams

I'd rather literally any team in the entire league structure, apart from blues, won the Prem than Spurs.

Tottenham supporters to stage mass protest march against Olympic Stadium move before Chelsea match on December 12

EXCLUSIVE

By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Tottenham supporters have unveiled plans to protest against the club’s potential move to the Olympic Stadium in Stratford, Goal.com UK can reveal.

The centre-point of the objections will be a mass protest march down Tottenham High Road ahead of the London derby against Chelsea at White Hart Lane on Sunday, December 12.

Organisers will also hand out 5,000 fliers before the home match against Liverpool on Sunday and a large banner will be moved inside the stadium. An online petition has already received 2,000 signatures, including the influential one of Tottenham MP David Lammy.

The newly-formed ‘We Are N17’ has been set up in response to the club being named a fortnight ago as one of the two shortlisted bidders – with West Ham – to take over the tenancy for the Olympic Stadium.

The campaign has been given further momentum after Daniel Levy responded to Lammy’s claim on Goal.com UK that the Tottenham chairman wants to move the club to the Olympic Stadium so he can sell the club for a higher price by revealing that the 2012 venue has become a serious option because of the rising costs of redeveloping White Hart Lane.

We Are N17 spokesman Tim Framp said fans initially thought Levy and his board was simply using the Olympic Stadium as a bargaining chip to get a better deal on the White Hart Lane redevelopment but, now it is increasingly looking like the club's favoured option, opposition to the Stratford move is growing quickly.

Field of dreams | Spurs fans opposed to club moving away from its 111-year home

“It’s not that we have anything against Stratford,” Framp told Goal.com UK. “It’s just the idea of relocating the club away from the place we call home and the place we identify with. Tottenham is one of the most deprived areas of London but it’s the place we belong at three o’clock on a Saturday.

“I understand the argument for a bigger stadium if the season ticket waiting list figures are accurate. But, commercially, it makes no sense to move to a larger stadium if a large proportion of the fanbase is unwilling to follow. If you lose 10,000 fans who won’t go to Stratford, they could be the most vocal fans in the stadium and then you destroy the identity of the club and the argument for moving.”

Framp, whose group will meet Lammy in Westminster today, called on the club to consult with the fans over the two stadium options.

“At the moment we feel the club is ploughing ahead with something we are not being consulted on,” explained Framp. “If the club comes out with figures that show 70 per cent of fans are for the Stratford move, we will go away.

“We have purely been established to protest against this issue. We are not against Daniel Levy. Personally, I think he has done a great job but we are deeply opposed to the suggestion of moving the club from the Tottenham area.

“As fans we cannot and will not stand idly by whilst someone who is charged with acting as a custodian of Tottenham uses the power entrusted to him to destroy much of what makes the club so appealing to its fans.”

Mass protest

"bale could be as good as messi" in one of the papers this morning. **** off! No he won't be as good as messi.

My mate, supposedly a villa fan, emailed me the other day asking: "is there a better wide attacker than Bale?"

Cuuuuuunt. Yes. There's two playing on the weekend in the same game who are 10 times the player he is.

My mate, supposedly a villa fan, emailed me the other day asking: "is there a better wide attacker than Bale?"

Cuuuuuunt. Yes. There's two playing on the weekend in the same game who are 10 times the player he is.

Messi and Ronaldo? They're practically strikers these days, as far as effective out and out wingers go, Bale has to be up there on current form. I don't think he'll ever be a world class player though.

His 'knock it 30 yards, sprint past the full back and whip in a perfect cross' tactic is ridiculously simple, but it's working for the moment.

Messi and Ronaldo? They're practically strikers these days, as far as effective out and out wingers go, Bale has to be up there on current form. I don't think he'll ever be a world class player though.

His 'knock it 30 yards, sprint past the full back and whip in a perfect cross' tactic is ridiculously simple, but it's working for the moment.

And because of this, he will most likely be marked out of the game within a few months and become ineffective.

and another thing, all this press masturbation about winning the league, they are below Bolton.

I **** hate Spurs. I **** hate the media wankfest over everything they do, especially when in relative terms they are doing **** all.

I think I now hate them more than Liverpool...

Haha I love football protests.

As the Guardian's football newsletter puts it so well, football protests are a "group of fans marching from a pub they were going to be in anyway to a football game they were going to go to anyway".

Funny when we did it against Ellis we thought we were changing the world.

I actually sent a little table to my mate, it totted up Bale's goals and assists and league games, and it showed Bale's goal percentage was mildly higher than Downings but half as many assists!

(Albrighton's impact has been statistically better than Bale's as well)

I didn't get a sneering message back for once just silence.

Van der Vaart? Now thats a quality player.

I wonder how long VDV will hang around for if they don't qualify for the CL again. Forget talk of the title. I think the top 4 is pretty much sewn up already, the title between those 4 on the other hand is a completely different matter.

I actually sent a little table to my mate, it totted up Bale's goals and assists and league games, and it showed Bale's goal percentage was mildly higher than Downings but half as many assists!

He's scored shitloads though.

They've done a lot better in the CL then I expected or maybe that's 'hoped', when they got battered by Young boys in the qualifying game I thought they were well out of their depth but they've proved me very wrong.

Â