Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Spurs have to watch their club doesnt get picked to pieces by the traditional super powers in club football. Sure, a Spurs fan will tell you that they have Champions League football of their own to keep their best players happy now, but remember, it wasnt that long ago when Bayer Leverkusen had their team (Ballack, Lucio, Ze Roberto) taken from them by bigger clubs and they had reached the final!

Another example of this is the Ajax squad of 1995.

How many of their players were picked off within a season or two of them winning the Champions League? Kluivert, Overmars, Davids, Seedorf, Reiziger. That's just off the top of my head. Any more?

I think all but Danny Blind left after about 3 years and Ajax havent really recovered since then

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs have to watch their club doesnt get picked to pieces by the traditional super powers in club football. Sure, a Spurs fan will tell you that they have Champions League football of their own to keep their best players happy now, but remember, it wasnt that long ago when Bayer Leverkusen had their team (Ballack, Lucio, Ze Roberto) taken from them by bigger clubs and they had reached the final!

Another example of this is the Ajax squad of 1995.

How many of their players were picked off within a season or two of them winning the Champions League? Kluivert, Overmars, Davids, Seedorf, Reiziger. That's just off the top of my head. Any more?

I think all but Danny Blind left after about 3 years and Ajax havent really recovered since then

We tried to sign him!

Page 1 of this topic starts in October 2009, but I think that this whole Aston Villa v Spurs who is bigger, better etc started on this website before that. Perhaps sometime during 2008. Back in 2008 I was one of the people who was stating that Aston Villa were both bigger and better, and I had the facts to back it up with, i.e. premiership finishes in the top 6, who comes ahead more in the last 100+ years and and who comes ahead more in premiership history etc.

But now in November 2010 Spurs are on a completely different level to Aston Villa. We can only dream about what they as a club have achieved since April. So I feel some of our own fans need to realise this. Just reading some of the pages in this topic some still think we are on the same level as them, when we are not.

In addition to this there are 200+ pages about Spurs on a villa website. Do you think this is reciprocated on the Spurs website? I bet there is nothing on their sites about us. Maybe a topic on the Martin O Neill resignation, but that is about it. Some aston villa seem to be obsessed with Spurs. We have to accept we are not on their level anymore. Things can change in football, and who knows what will happen in a years time. But at this moment, no player on earth would choose us over them.

As for Gareth Bale, he is in incredible form, and it's not just a flash in the pan, he has been like this for a year. The only villa players in prem history who have played as well as Bale is playing now is, Mcgrath 92-93, Yorke 95-96, Merson 2000 and Young 2008.

Joey55:

I'm not talking about the Inter or Werder Bremen matches. I specifically mentioned the match vs Twente.

Amusingly using your link for the Inter game it says "sold out" but it doesn't for the Twente one. Very telling.

Here's one of your fans confirming 10 blocks were available on general sale on the day of the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A74851428

The South Stand was sold out. How else do you explain the difference of over 1500 tickets between the attendances in the Twente and Inter games?

They've sold out more times than us this year...

They also have a smaller stadium though don't they.

fair enough, i was just stating that arguing over spurs having 1500 seats empty is stupid when we have had nearly 2000 empty against Chelsea and small heath.

anyway I hate spurs :)

On one hand you have Tottenham with their best team in decades failing to sell out their first CL home group match (not even 33k) and on the other hand we got over 40k despite numerous of our fans being disillusioned at the moment.

Puts things into perspective :)

Joey55:

I'm not talking about the Inter or Werder Bremen matches. I specifically mentioned the match vs Twente.

Amusingly using your link for the Inter game it says "sold out" but it doesn't for the Twente one. Very telling.

Here's one of your fans confirming 10 blocks were available on general sale on the day of the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A74851428

The South Stand was sold out. How else do you explain the difference of over 1500 tickets between the attendances in the Twente and Inter games?

They've sold out more times than us this year...

They also have a smaller stadium though don't they.

fair enough, i was just stating that arguing over spurs having 1500 seats empty is stupid when we have had nearly 2000 empty against Chelsea and small heath.

anyway I hate spurs :)

On one hand you have Tottenham with their best team in decades failing to sell out their first CL home group match (not even 33k) and on the other hand we got over 40k despite numerous of our fans being disillusioned at the moment.

Puts things into perspective :)

I wonder if the £100 for 5 games is helping our attendances, the cheapest ticket for the Spurs game against Twente was £44 :o

That's the thing exactly, like some pointed out. Your simply not a world class player if you can't do the bread and butter (Premiership) every week....I know Joey said he plays well and I don't doubt that but to be world class or even considered to be up there with the likes of Drogba etc...you have to be scoring, creating goals almost every game.

Young got 9 goals, 17 assists in one season....We've never considered him world class realistically, so nor is Bale. Not really too close, maybe potentially but certainly not at the moment.

Okay some great bits of play vs Inter and he deserved credit but the defending was school boy at best also.

Bale is not world class. To the person who told me Bale is better than Malouda, today proved it. Malouda is cracking week in week ou, Bale has played well in three games.

Page 1 of this topic starts in October 2009, but I think that this whole Aston Villa v Spurs who is bigger, better etc started on this website before that. Perhaps sometime during 2008. Back in 2008 I was one of the people who was stating that Aston Villa were both bigger and better, and I had the facts to back it up with, i.e. premiership finishes in the top 6, who comes ahead more in the last 100+ years and and who comes ahead more in premiership history etc.

But now in November 2010 Spurs are on a completely different level to Aston Villa. We can only dream about what they as a club have achieved since April. So I feel some of our own fans need to realise this. Just reading some of the pages in this topic some still think we are on the same level as them, when we are not.

In addition to this there are 200+ pages about Spurs on a villa website. Do you think this is reciprocated on the Spurs website? I bet there is nothing on their sites about us. Maybe a topic on the Martin O Neill resignation, but that is about it. Some aston villa seem to be obsessed with Spurs. We have to accept we are not on their level anymore. Things can change in football, and who knows what will happen in a years time. But at this moment, no player on earth would choose us over them.

As for Gareth Bale, he is in incredible form, and it's not just a flash in the pan, he has been like this for a year. The only villa players in prem history who have played as well as Bale is playing now is, Mcgrath 92-93, Yorke 95-

96, Merson 2000 and Young 2008.

Who gives a ****?

It's not like we (or them) have any control over it.

Â