Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I agree completely. But if I'm totally honest, I don't really care for any other team and what is best for Villa is what I want. I believe Man City finishing 4th is better for us than Spurs finishing 4th. I don't care that Spurs have, somewhat sort of, done it in the right way, if it allows them to pull away from us I don't want it happening. Whereas with City, even though they've gone about it wrongly, will inevitbly pull away from us anyway.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely. But if I'm totally honest, I don't really care for any other team and what is best for Villa is what I want. I believe Man City finishing 4th is better for us than Spurs finishing 4th. I don't care that Spurs have, somewhat sort of, done it in the right way, if it allows them to pull away from us I don't want it happening. Whereas with City, even though they've gone about it wrongly, will inevitbly pull away from us anyway.
You offer a fair and honest retort, I can totally understand where you're coming from and I feel exactly the same towards our club. But unfortunately, we're not in the final reckoning for fourth, and therefore out of the two clubs, I favour more for a Spurs triumph in this race.

As for your view about Spurs moving away from us, I don't agree with it; I feel we can compete strongly whatever the outcome is to be.

I see three good reasons for wanting Spurs to beat Man City on Wednesday.

1) It will leave Villa still in with a chance of finishing 5th above City on the last day. If City lose against Spurs they are likely to be demotivated (and possibly even managerless) when they come to play West Ham, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they lost that as well. 5th place is only a consolation prize, of course, but it would be very satisfying to finish above Liverpool AND City.

2) Man City's attempt to dominate world football by using billions of oil dollars to buy every superstar on the planet makes a bit of mockery of the game. The more it fails the better.

3) In purely footballing terms, I'd say Spurs deserve it.

So, yes, I hope they do it. Provided they keep a tight rein on Pavlyuchenko (i.e. keep him off the pitch), they must have a good chance.

If City miss out on CL, they will still be able to blow us out of the transfer market. If Spurs get CL they too will be able to blow us out of the transfer market.

That is why we need City to get 4'th, that will enable us to compete with Spurs still.

Spurs to go out in the qualifiers, the perfect solution. :)
Hahaaa I hadn't thought of that, that would be brilliant! :P
its a fair few pages back, glaston convinced spuds will batter everyone, who is currently 4th in italy and spain? And the last time they were in europe didnt they lose to getafe?

I hope Spurs get it and good luck to them if they do. They will have deserved it by playing well over the 38 games and beating some decent sides in the process - Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City.

However I don't think they will be a consistent top 4 challenger...

From a fans point of view then the City fans probably do deserve the 4th place (years of pain) but from a natural progression it should be Spurs. Either way Man City will buy better players than probably any other club in the PL and possibly the world.

CL is important to players, but if they get the sorts of money that Man City will throw at them then they will go their anyway, as shown over the last season, money talks.

Does anyone seriously think players would play for Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea or Villa because they have CL football? When they could go to city for alot more money? TBH I think this point has already been proven, Tevez, Adebyor, Barry....

Man City will be top 4 next season and probably win the league within 2 seasons form now. Arsenal and even Man U will be more vunerable than City over the next few seasons, I really believe that.

This is why i would prefer Spurs to get it this year and i think they will if Viera starts against them (finger crossed). Its only a stay of execution, but at least some new fans will get the buzz of a CL campaign and quite possibly a UEFA cup run as well.

Good luck Spurs and UTV.

I hope spurs finish 3rd now, would be hilarious!

No it wouldn't.

Spurs will struggle in the qualifiers if they get someone like Lyon, not sure if they'll be seeded?

Exactly. hilarious watching spurs crash out at he fiorst call.

No it wouldn't.

Spurs will struggle in the qualifiers if they get someone like Lyon, not sure if they'll be seeded?

It depends on who else are in the draw. I don't know the exact co-efficients or what not, but from what I remember, there is a possibility of Spurs being seeded due to a couple of decent UEFA Cup runs in the last five years, but it'll be swayed heavily on who qualifies from Spain, Italy and France.

No it wouldn't.

It depends on who else are in the draw. I don't know the exact co-efficients or what not, but from what I remember, there is a possibility of Spurs being seeded due to a couple of decent UEFA Cup runs in the last five years, but it'll be swayed heavily on who qualifies from Spain, Italy and France.

I don't see anything in your recent European history to suggest you will be seeded SS, from what I recall Everton had a similar record and look what happened to them.

No it wouldn't.

I don't see anything in your recent European history to suggest you will be seeded SS, from what I recall Everton had a similar record and look what happened to them.

Everton had no recent european history when they got CL so they weren't seeded and it was done differently then. Mind you Arsenal got Celtic last year and they'd probably beat spurs.

Â