Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

JOL: SPURS NOT BIG ENOUGH

"I know that Luis will not leave Ajax for - with all due respect - a club like Tottenham Hotspur," he said.

"He will only go to one of the very top clubs."

Suarez himself has recently stated that he does not intend to leave Ajax this summer.

source

:lol: Little Spurs.

Same applies for us, Man City etc atm.

Suarez will end up at a Chelsea or Barcelona size club.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks a lot better when he doesn't have to defend as a left back...

Which games has he derended badly as a LB? It seems to me that everytime a LB is impressive going forward, people assume he isn't good defensively. But I haven't seen Bale making more errors defensively than other top LB's. The amount of ball winning he does on the left side, whether at LB or LM is incredible.

He's started 9 Prem games at LB and we've only conceded 5 goals in the those games and kept 6 clean sheets. And in those 9 games he's won an incredible 74 tackles. On SpursCommunity he won the MOTM poll in 5 of those 9 games. And his castrol index average makes him the best LB in the Prem according to those 9 games. I haven't checked the whole of Europe but I don't think there will be a LB with a higher average. He's just been excellent on the left side, whether it's at LB or LM. Each week yahoo take the average of the ratings given by the top 6 selling newspapers in the country and use this to find their player of the season. Bale has the highest average in the Prem of any player. But he wont be player of the year as he's played 1 game less than required amount.

He looks a lot better when he doesn't have to defend as a left back...

Which games has he derended badly as a LB? It seems to me that everytime a LB is impressive going forward, people assume he isn't good defensively. But I haven't seen Bale making more errors defensively than other top LB's. The amount of ball winning he does on the left side, whether at LB or LM is incredible.

He's started 9 Prem games at LB and we've only conceded 5 goals in the those games and kept 6 clean sheets. And in those 9 games he's won an incredible 74 tackles. On SpursCommunity he won the MOTM poll in 5 of those 9 games. And his castrol index average makes him the best LB in the Prem according to those 9 games. I haven't checked the whole of Europe but I don't think there will be a LB with a higher average. He's just been excellent on the left side, whether it's at LB or LM. Each week yahoo take the average of the ratings given by the top 6 selling newspapers in the country and use this to find their player of the season. Bale has the highest average in the Prem of any player. But he wont be player of the year as he's played 1 game less than required amount.

He's great, but can't keep fit for the season. Like king. Woodgate....

See the common trend..

He's great, but can't keep fit for the season. Like king. Woodgate....

See the common trend..

That's hardly fair. He's only had two injuries, they were just unfortunately bad ones. Suffered ligament damage from a bad tackle in 2007 and then had to undergo knee surgery last summer.

Other than those, he's had no problems, and hasn't shown any recurrences of those serious injuries either.

So grouping him in with genuinely injury prone players like King and Woodgate is just wrong.

"I know that Luis will not leave Ajax for - with all due respect - a club like Tottenham Hotspur," he said.

Suarez himself has recently stated that he does not intend to leave Ajax this summer.

source

Sorry to burst your little bubble

"Nothing to do with Tottenham or another club, he wanted to stay.

"And then it was finished so there was no problem. So this talk about Tottenham being not good enough for him is ridiculous.

"They have Jermain Defoe, Robbie Keane, all these players. If they are good enough to be playing for Tottenham, Luis Suarez could be playing for Tottenham because he's a good player.

source

Sorry to burst your little bubble

"Nothing to do with Tottenham or another club, he wanted to stay.

"And then it was finished so there was no problem. So this talk about Tottenham being not good enough for him is ridiculous.

"They have Jermain Defoe, Robbie Keane, all these players. If they are good enough to be playing for Tottenham, Luis Suarez could be playing for Tottenham because he's a good player.

But he also mentions a massive fee which I doubt Spurs would pay for him.

Are people not wary of strikers coming out of the Dutch leagues these days though? Scoring lots of goals for Ajax in the Eredivisie isn't a guarantee you will do it elsewhere. Look at our chum Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. He was supposed to set the world alight once he joined a big club.

Don't forget Kezman.

A little known stat regarding Suarez, is that from open play he's scored at a lower rate than Pantelic, who Jol signed for free from Hertha Berlin. It's a little worrying when a free transfer, who was decent, but nothing special, in the Bundesliga, has a better striker rate than a suppossed £30 million striker who is destined ot join a major club. It's the same from Bryan Ruiz. He's attracting all sorts of attention, but his striker, even including penalties isn't as good as Pantelic's. I think it's because strikers are judged on one simple stat and that is how many goals they've scored. It seems some simple research on how long its taken them to score those goals and how many came from pens is a step too far.

To be fair to the Dutch league, Van Nistelrooy wasn't bad. Or fat Ronaldo.

Ruud left Holland, what 10 years ago? probably the last truely great dutch goalscorer. The fact that Danko Lazovic and Gerald Sibon are still picking up a crust in that league is a testament to how poor it is nowawdays.

TBH I've always thought Bale could be a properly great player. He has started to show what he can do and I expect he'll continue to do it for good. Spurs will do well to keep hold of him for any length of time and we'd do well to just accept how good he is rather than pretending that he's not :)

Best signing Spurs can make this summer is getting Bale onto lucrative five year contract.

That ought to be enough to deter Ferguson for a couple of years. However, unlike Berbatov, Bale seems to love it at Spurs and if he's playing regularly and in this kind of form, he should have no reason to leave any time soon, especially when you bear in mind that he's only 20 years old.

Unless he fancies winning a league title :lol:

Pfft, those things are a dime a dozen nowadays. The real glory is challenging for the Carling Cup and the qualifying rounds of the Champion's League.

Plus, Man Utd can't afford the kind of price Levy will demand for him, so. :P

I'm sure you'd have said a similar thing with Berbadross. Infact i've bet if they offered him back for bale your lot would be tempted.

Infact i've bet if they offered him back for bale your lot would be tempted.

I bet they wouldn't. I bet it'd be a week before they stopped laughing and another week to get rid of the cramps. Berb for Bale, yer 'aving a laugh. Give it 2 years and Bale could play for any team in Europe. IMO he's that good/influential. Mark my words.

Give it 2 years and Bale could play for any team in Europe. IMO he's that good/influential. Mark my words.

He's a long, long way to go to even be in Cole's league in my opinion. He's probably equally good going forward, but nowhere near as good defensively.

On the Dutch thing, am I the only one who thinks Kuyt is fairly decent then? He may not score alot, but that's probably because he's not a right winger.

IMO suarez was brilliant at VP, but i thought he was a winger not an out and out striker more likely to assist than score, but 76 goals in 96 games obviously says otherwise, maybe thats a part of his game that some of these other flops out of the dutch league dont have?

and he is too big for spurs, would be very good for arsenal IMO fill the RVP gap when he inevitably misses 6 months every season

IMO suarez was brilliant at VP, but i thought he was a winger not an out and out striker more likely to assist than score, but 76 goals in 96 games obviously says otherwise, maybe thats a part of his game that some of these other flops out of the dutch league dont have?

and he is too big for spurs, would be very good for arsenal IMO fill the RVP gap when he inevitably misses 6 months every season

Alves got 45 in 39 games

Kuyt 71 goals in 100 games for Feyenoord

Kezman 100 goals in 120 games

They are all similar or better records than Suarez but it proves to score in Holland you dont have to be a top player.

I do think he is better than them players mentioned but i think he needs another step up club to prove himself for example like us, Spurs, Atletico Madrid or Lyon instead of going straight to Barcelona and flopping like others have before like Geovanni, Saviola or Maxi

Â