Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Remember him?

Tottenham star at centre of amazing radio row

Published 17:13 27/01/10 By John Cross Recommend (1)

Tottenham starlet John Bostock is at the centre of an amazing row - after his dad rang a radio station to hit back at Harry Redknapp.

Redknapp sounded off about Bostock this week after Brentford decided not to renew his loan spell at the League One club and the Spurs boss questioned the

18- year-old’s attitude and commitment.

But Michael Bostock rang talkSPORT and told Showtime hosts Adrian Durham and Ray Parlour that his son’s loan spell at Brentford had been a success.

Bostock senior said: “People ring up and say he’s got a bad attitude but nothing could be further from the truth, he is a hard working lad.

“He was subbed in the 87th minute in the last game he started and was given a standing ovation, then he was surprised to only be on the bench at Norwich. I’m really shocked to hear that his loan spell was not successful.

“John has played his part in helping Brentford get to where they are. He is a capable kid - well capable at Championship level - although he may not be ready for the Premier League.

“I would like to think he will be a footballer at some level, who knows, but he is young. He has gone back to Tottenham, that’s the club where he is at and he will get his head down and work hard again.”

Bostock joined Tottenham from Crystal Palace two years ago as one of English football’s most exciting prospects but has struggled to get into the Spurs team and his dad’s outburst on national radio is unlikely to have helped his cause.

Is Bostock the new Wayne Routeledge or maybe Cherno Samba?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha - saw this too and thought, yet another poor young hopeful lured to the bright lights of Spudzzzz before being forgotten about and undeveloped... when will these kids learn?

I see Dos Santos (another one the highly rated youngsters) has been loaned out to Turkey....

Ha ha - saw this too and thought, yet another poor young hopeful lured to the bright lights of Spudzzzz before being forgotten about and undeveloped... when will these kids learn?

I see Dos Santos (another one the highly rated youngsters) has been loaned out to Turkey....

Dude, John Bostock only turned 18 a couple weeks ago. Bit early to be writing him off just yet, don't you think?

And, for all intents and purposes, Giovani was loaned to Galatasaray in the hope of it installing some discipline and professionalism into him. According to a few accounts, the kid has a party addiction and regularly flies off to Spain with some of his old Barca buddies for a few dozen sangrias. Hardly the attitude you expect from a young player hoping to break into the first team, don't you agree?

Plus I'm sure Michael Dawson, Ledley King, Gareth Bale, Tom Huddlestone, Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe all regretted joining Spurs when they were "poor young hopefuls."

Plus I'm sure Michael Dawson, Ledley King, Gareth Bale, Tom Huddlestone, Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe all regretted joining Spurs when they were "poor young hopefuls."

Yea i'm sure Bale has been delighted with his career at Spurs so far, as second choice left back to Assou-Ekotto.

Bale had a brilliant game against Fulham, but then again Fulham were shit. I've always kinda liked Bale though, he is no Bouma or L. Young but he does get forward well, shame his defensive game isn't as good as his forward game.

And he looks like an albino chimpanzee which I find hilarious.

Dude, John Bostock only turned 18 a couple weeks ago. Bit early to be writing him off just yet, don't you think?

Tottenham star at centre of amazing internet row

Published 17:13 27/01/10 By John Cross Recommend (1)

Tottenham starlet John Bostock is at the centre of an amazing row - after his dad joined VillaTalk to hit back at "theboyangel".

Fixed.

Spurs one away win in their last eight. :lol:

I keep on telling you Spurs fans your lack of bottle away from home is the reason you never get in the top 4.

So puts incredible pressure on your home form and you still have to play us, Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea at the lane.

I keep on telling you Spurs fans your lack of bottle away from home is the reason you never get in the top 4.

So puts incredible pressure on your home form and you still have to play us, Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea at the lane.

Actually it's 2 wins away in the last 8 away games (Pompey and Blackburn), plus 4 draws, including draws away at Villa, Everton, Fulham and B'ham.

Is that so bad?

I'm also not sure why you are laughing - take a look at the table and figure that after next weekend Villa might need to gain 6 points on Spurs in order to overtake us in the table.

Actually it's 2 wins away in the last 8 away games (Pompey and Blackburn), plus 4 draws, including draws away at Villa, Everton, Fulham and B'ham.

Is that so bad?

I'm also not sure why you are laughing - take a look at the table and figure that after next weekend Villa might need to gain 6 points on Spurs in order to overtake us in the table.

Beat you next week (not saying we will), and win our game in hand. Done.

Is that so bad?

Or after next weekend we might be 1 point ahead with a game in hand. BOF : Abuse removed.

Is that so bad?

Or after next weekend we might be 1 point ahead with a game in hand,

i agree.anyway,he'll feck off soon enough the transfer window is closed..

Â