Scientific Experiment V2 #3

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - he's still the MON
    • No - we need something new

Stealing an idea from the long lost and dearly lamented IainG (even if he couldn't spell his own name)

Quick one, no discussion needed. Based on current feelings only, should he stay or go?

Will repeat the poll on a weekly basis until we get bored or he is replaced.

Well week 3. A fortnight break, a derby win and cracks in the dressing room.

What does VT think of all that? Or are we bored yet - I reckon if there is no major divergance this time round, we can leave it for a month.

Is there an alterior motive here? Surely we can't have this poll all through the season if the result stays the same. MON will be here at the end of the season, alll next season and I would hazard a guess at the season beyond that. Its the way it works at the Villa these days!

maybe there should be a standard paragraph added to the first post of every one of these polls explaining that it is an opinion poll to guage week on week support of the manager, that way we wont have to wade through countless daft posts of people saying that it is pointless and you have asked exactly the same question as last week.

Self selecting polls are unscientific by their very nature of course.

That said I think there is definite value in this exercise but only if its conducted less frequently. I doubt many rational people's opinion will change over the course of a week. If you sampled opinion once a month (say every third friday for example) people will be reacting to several weeks activity/trends etc.

As someone who's conducted a few (hundred) experiments in my time I can say that sometimes you can have too much data and you end up not seeing the wood for the trees.

These threads should be titled as:THE WEEKLY FICKLE METER
When compared to the first time this series of polls was run, in the last months of DOL's reign the word fickle was only used once. This time around it's been used in each of the threads. Seeing as it was DOL who labelled the fans fickle that seems a little surprising.

On current readings it looks like Trent gets the shout that this goes monthly.

maybe there should be a standard paragraph added to the first post of every one of these polls explaining that it is an opinion poll to guage week on week support of the manager, that way we wont have to wade through countless daft posts of people saying that it is pointless and you have asked exactly the same question as last week.

Behold standard paragraph

Stealing an idea from the long lost and dearly lamented IainG (even if he couldn't spell his own name)

Quick one, no discussion needed. Based on current feelings only, should he stay or go?

....robbed from IainG's original DOL polls

Â