Indian Girls

Voinjama

Does it really imply you are half a person though?

Half cast means, half white, half black. Half + Half = 1.

In agreement with Grant's point about it being geographical. Had always used it with no ill feeling, but when I used it once I got to uni I was a raving racist apparently.

It's half caste (not "cast"), its a relic from the caste system in India. It means people born to parents from different backgrounds/sections of society. There is definitely a derogatory undertone to it, even if most people dont know it. I wouldnt say its an insulting phrase, but I chose not to use it.

It's half caste (not "cast"), its a relic from the caste system in India.
Possibly, but I'm not 100% convinced. Especially as its main use appears to be with reference to a white/afro-caribbean mix.

However, be that as it may - how do you pronounce "caste"?

Kayst?

Karst?

Kast?

What I'm getting at is that I've heard "caste" pronounced "kayst". If this is correct, then "cast" may well be unconnected. But if they are both pronounced the same way, they may have the same root.

Having watched half of "Om Shanti Om" so far on Channel 4, I'm inclined to think that the lead lady is bloody amazing.

Methinks I need to watch more Bollywood films. Om Shanti Om is my first (well apart from snippets I've seen in the past) and I've quite enjoyed it :D

Good on Channel 4 for showing them.

I'm watching Secret slumdog millionaire on channel 4 now. A programme where a rich British born Indian goes and helps people in poverty in India. The Indian females I've seen so far are definitely NOT eye candy.

I'm watching Secret slumdog millionaire on channel 4 now. A programme where a rich British born Indian goes and helps people in poverty in India. The Indian females I've seen so far are definitely NOT eye candy.

I spent 4 months in India and only saw 5 or 6 girls in the flesh that I thought were attractive (although one was absolutely spectacular). The girls on the posters are some of the best anywhere in world, but the proportions generally aren't that good.

I spent 4 months in India and only saw 5 or 6 girls in the flesh that I thought were attractive (although one was absolutely spectacular). The girls on the posters are some of the best anywhere in world, but the proportions generally aren't that good.

My old flat mate said exactly the same thing. He stayed in Kerala for many months and hardly saw any nice ones. But its strange though, because here in England, Birmingham for example the propotion of nice ones is quite high. Certainly a higher ratio then for other backgrounds. Does anyone have an explanation for this??

Â