PL: Blackburn a Match Thread 2009/09/26 15:00

limpid

Interesting.

See this will be interesting of Mon, because he's played 4-4-2 last two games and won both so would have an easy excuse to go 4-4-2, yet away from home in a 4-5-1 formation, we've won 9 league games in a row. I hope he realises this.

I think it would really show he's wiseing up and learning were a better 4-5-1 team away, but then again we could go 4-4-2 and dick blackburn!

But for me:

------------Friedel

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

------------Petrov

----Reo-Coker Sidwell--

Milner-----------------Young

---------Gabbs----------

although maybe Delph in there somewhere!

But for me:

------------Friedel

------------Petrov

----Reo-Coker Sidwell--

---------Gabbs----------

Can't see it any other way unless NRC is in the doghouse. Then Delph will be played or will go to a 4-4-2 with Carew.

I would go,

...........Friedel

Beye Cuellar Dunne Warnock

........Reo Coker Petrov

Milner.......Delph........Young

Gabby

With Carew for impact if needed, and Gabby switching right and Milner coming inside, rather than removing Coker again.

MON however will go

............Friedel

Cuellar Dunne Collins Warnock

Milner Petrov Sidwell Young

Carew Gabby

and it'll be 50/50 as to who wins as we'll be good going forward, but leave ourselves agape at the back due to lack of protection

Last time we played Blackburn at Blackburn we played 442 and won 2-0, should have been 5-0. It was our last decent win before things went downhill.

With the defence we now have I have no real fear of 442, as long as MON has the nous to change the formation late in the game.

With news this morning of Sidwell probably being out and the unknown NRC situation, it could be interesting to see who lines up in midfield. I'd quite like Gardner to be given a game in the middle, either in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

But for me:

------------Friedel

------------Petrov

----Reo-Coker Sidwell--

---------Gabbs----------

Can't see it any other way unless NRC is in the doghouse. Then Delph will be played or will go to a 4-4-2 with Carew.

I'd like to see Delph played if so. Have Carew warming up and ready in case Delph is out of his depth.

Obviously the original line up posted by PoB is my first choice though, as I'm sure it will be for most fans.

I would like:

Friedel

Young

Collins

Dunne

Warnock

Milner

Petrov

Reo-Coker

Delph

Young

Agbonlahor

I said the same 6 posts before this but didn't specify what defence I'd like. So I'll come down off the fence and differ with you by going for Cuéllar rather than Dunne.

If I had a gun pointed at my head and told I had to pick the team an easy cop-out would be to say "If it ain't broke don't fix it" but it doesn't apply here because MON has changed his defence and even his goalkeeper and still they don't let in goals.

any premiership away game is tough and we should be happy to take a point in my opinion.

I'm sure he'll go 4-5-1:

---------------------------Friedel-----------------------------

----Cuellar----------Dunne-----Collins--------Warnock----

---------------Sidwell-----Petrov---Delph-------------------

------Milner-------------------------------------A.Young-----

-------------------------Agbonlahor---------------------------