PL: Blackburn a Match Thread 2009/09/26 15:00

limpid

Team:

Friedel, Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Warnock; Petrov, Milner, A.Young, Delph, Gabby, carew

Oh no.

Is that Milner CM? Delph - Petrov brings back good memories of Wigan too.

Why would Milner be CM? I'd think it would be Delph and Petrov....

Not sure why we are going 4-4-2 either...

Team:

Friedel, Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Warnock; Petrov, Milner, A.Young, Delph, Gabby, carew

-------------Friedel--------------

Cuellar--Collins--Dunne--Warnock

---------Petrov----Delph-----------

Milner-----------------------Young

--------Gabby-----Carew----------

???

If Blackburn have a decent central midfield we could struggle a bit to make use of all that firepower. Personally I'd sooner have seen NRC or Gardner in and just Gabby up front.

Team:

-------------Friedel--------------

Cuellar--Collins--Dunne--Warnock

---------Petrov----Delph-----------

Milner-----------------------Young

--------Gabby-----Carew----------

???

If Blackburn have a decent central midfield we could struggle a bit to make use of all that firepower. Personally I'd sooner have seen NRC or Gardner in and just Gabby up front.

Yep, I'm of the opinion that the midfield would have been fine with NRC dropped in behind Petrov and Delph, perhaps allowing Delph to have a slightly free role. Then Gabby uptop alone. Not really sure why we are going 4-4-2, although it could work...

Team:

Oh no.

Is that Milner CM? Delph - Petrov brings back good memories of Wigan too.

Why would Milner be CM? I'd think it would be Delph and Petrov....

Not sure why we are going 4-4-2 either...

The way it's posted is strange, Petrov then Milner, normally the right winger would go first?

I think it will be Delph - Petrov in the middle.

Yep, I'm of the opinion that the midfield would have been fine with NRC dropped in behind Petrov and Delph, perhaps allowing Delph to have a slightly free role. Then Gabby uptop alone. Not really sure why we are going 4-4-2, although it could work...

Talk about hedging your bets :lol:

If Blackburn do play 4-5-1 then we might just struggle a bit.

I'd prefer us 4-5-1 for several reasons.

i.) It suits us.

ii.) It helps the away team.

iii.) On current form Carew shouldn't be in the first XI

iv.) It lets Milner and Ashley Young attack.

v.) It lets Gabby concentrate on what he;s good at.

vi.) It allows us to get bodies around Delph and support him through games while he's learning.

As it stands, Blackburn can go 4-5-1 block out Milner and Young and force us to beat them with Delph. That's a hell of a pressure on the young fella, and I hope he's up for it.

All that said, I still fancy us to win and I'll admit that my knowledge of the opposition isn't that great, so it could just be that MON has identified a couple of weaknesses and fancies us to just overwhelm them.