PL: Blackburn a Match Thread 2009/09/26 15:00

limpid

Their back four really is woeful....

Samba and Nelson are decent, although hopefully not against a speed merchant like Gabby.

Ok, but they aren't exactly top class CB's and our forwards should be able to score. Plus Milner and Young should have a good day on the wings.

Samba and Nelson are decent enough at CB I think.

Are they 4-4-2 there?

Grella--Nzonzi(who?)--Dunn--Pedersen

Diouf---Di Santo

???

More like

--------Nzoni - Grella

Diouf------Dunn-------Pedersen

-----Di Santo.

Just guessing though.

Oh dear, deary deary me. If this goes wrong there'll only be one man to blame...Just what is playing at? It's a case of getting the line up completely wrong in order to accommodate Carew. I'm not looking forward to this. These tactics he employs are fast becoming comical. Blackburn are better than cardiff, and arguably better than Wigan. They'll beat us unless they play crap.

isnt that just typical mon? gives a press conference about how it will be a defensive approach and then picks arguably his most attacking available line up!!

one thing is for sure - it doesnt look like he is going there to come back with a point. it may be a bad decision - only time will tell but i think we should maybe look at the positives of this selection and say at least we are going into this types of 'winable' away game with the intention of attacking and going for the win rather than soaking up the pressure and hoping to nick a goal on the break.

Why Petrov and Delph again. They really didn't work against Wigan.

That is what worries me.

Very difficult to hold on to any opinion that's based on the Wigan match - first game of the season, Petrov and Delph never played together before, etc. I'm not saying it will work but I'm just not as concerned as some of you, as long as Cuellar snuffs out the threat from Pedersen then I can't see them hurting us.

Villa win 2-0. Delph and Collins

So Young and Milner will have to work very hard as they'll generally have two men on them all game, Petrov should be able to protect our back four pretty well so we shouldn't concede more than one.

If Delph can beat both Nonzi and Grella he can help out.

I don't see Carew getting much from Nelson and Samba.

Villa to win by however many goals Gabby can muster today is my prediction and I reckon that means 1-0.

(Or if Gabby doesn't score, 0-0)

They'll beat us unless they play crap.

shut up! maybe we will play brilliantly and deserve to win. that sort of comment is the epitomy of negative villa fans - we only win when the oppostion are bad - just as some said after the liverpool game. occassionally, you know, we do actually deserve the good things that happen to us.

I'm glad we've gone for 4-4-2 we need to be attacking against teams like this if we want to win.

The blues game showed that playing 4-5-1 against a team who are going to sit back and defend is not going to work well enough.

If we want to finish top 4 we can't go to places like Ewood park with a defensive attitude.

They'll beat us unless they play crap.

shut up! maybe we will play brilliantly and deserve to win. that sort of comment is the epitomy of negative villa fans - we only win when the oppostion are bad - just as some said after the liverpool game. occassionally, you know, we do actually deserve the good things that happen to us.

Yes you are right, although the situation is this- when we play 4-5-1, we don't lose, the opposition can't break us down. When we play 4-4-2 with petrov, we invariably get outplayed by poor opposition. So in this case my only optism is that Rovers are very poor, otherwise we will be overrun again.

I think we attack better from a 4-5-1. In a 4-4-2 there's too much onus on Young and Milner to work at supporting midfield, in a 4-5-1 they can bomb on and do what they're good at.

With the players were using, 4-5-1 is more attacking than 4-4-2. I know that sounds wrong, but it's true imo.