Luke young?

kiddybloke

test  

1. 1. test

• test
    • test

Young picked up a thight or calf strain or sometnign pre season, so did not play/train that much.

Then his Bro died, so he got some time off.

he is now back at work, and gaining fitness. I would doubt he would be 100% fit for the SHA game though, so probably still be Beye, who has done well, IMO.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23739757-details/Why+will+no+one+tell+me+how+my+son+really+died+on+his+holiday/article.do

Must be horrible for the family. It's shocking how this can happen nowadays. Hopefully Luke won't get rushed back and takes the time of he needs.

I've just read that article and it is very shocking and still not knowing how he died or anything must be terrible, I hope Luke has all the time in world to help his parent(s).

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23739757-details/Why+will+no+one+tell+me+how+my+son+really+died+on+his+holiday/article.do

Must be horrible for the family. It's shocking how this can happen nowadays. Hopefully Luke won't get rushed back and takes the time of he needs.

What a terrible story. I have to say, if that were my brother/half brother, my mind would not be at rest until I had some clarity on what happened.

Makes you angry just reading that article. I've no doubt that attitude is prevalent amongst all those 2-bit summer dumps though. "no, no, out, out" must be taught on day 1 in 'learning Engrish' :(

Luke will get such a welcome when he turns out for Villa again :(

What a terrible story. I have to say, if that were my brother/half brother, my mind would not be at rest until I had some clarity on what happened.

Makes you angry just reading that article. I've no doubt that attitude is prevalent amongst all those 2-bit summer dumps though. "no, no, out, out" must be taught on day 1 in 'learning Engrish' :(

Luke will get such a welcome when he turns out for Villa again :(

Agree, BOF. Horrible article to read, such a sad story

It's just too easy for the police in foreign countries to say 'he was drunk and fell', especially with Brits with the 'lager lout' reputation.

I'm sure it was an accident, but the loss is bad enough without mystery like that hanging over it.

As I said in my last post, I really hope he's not back for SHA - far too big of a game with far too much pressure to throw him back in.. and I really wouldn't put it past our scum neighbours to try 'get to him' by making comments or chants from the crowd.

I say leave him out, don't have him on the bench, not even in the ground.

Was he not injured? Something muscular.

Nope. Brother was murdered. He's on compassionate leave.

Expected to be back in contention for SHA but O'Neill will almost certainly start with Beye.

I wouldn't put it past those Small Heath fuckheads to try get a 1up on him by saying something during the game. **** scum.

I would not consider him for that reason alone.

I think it would be guaranteed they'd say something. It's too easy a target. I'd expect we have our own contingent who would do the same if the roles were reversed, as said as that is. So yeah, I'd leave him til after we beat the scum.

he is now back at work, and gaining fitness. I would doubt he would be 100% fit for the SHA game though, so probably still be Beye, who has done well, IMO.

Yea, I'm really not that bothered about Young coming back, I'd definitely like him back but Beye is doing a decent enough job right now anyway.

Beye is good defensively, but offers nothing really going forward. ALWAYS passes the ball backwards. Was annoying me against Fulham. Young is first choice.

Funny that because i think hes better going forward - whilst still being pretty solid at the back. Ive been happy with him since he joined us, got real quality on the ball and was pinging some lovely cross field passes to Ash Young against Fulham. Rarely gives the ball away aswel from what ive seen.

No need to rush Luke back. He needs time.

I'm with you on that Stu. He's marginally better going forward but that's immaterial. A defender who can't defend is a liability and he's a liability. Young is first choice and for me Gardner and NRC are 2nd & 3rd.

Have we really seen enough of Beye to write him off so conclusively? Do things like settling into the side, getting used to how your colleagues play, building up communication with them during the game, etc., not have any relevance to this?

Look at Bouma. He says he didn't know what he was doing until MON & co. came along and told him what they expected of him. So players can improve - and get worse - according to how they are coached.

So I don't sign up to the view that players are either utterly and irredeemably useless or forever sainted - the former can improve and the latter can lose the plot.

Even if Beye "can't defend" and has positioning that makers some "unhappy" (not that I think anyone can seriously make that judgement having seen him in a Villa shirt for a couple of games), there is the chance he will improve with some decent coaching

I'm with you on that Stu. He's marginally better going forward but that's immaterial. A defender who can't defend is a liability and he's a liability. Young is first choice and for me Gardner and NRC are 2nd & 3rd.
So Beye would be your 4th choice RB? Do you think he's really that bad? Gardner is awful at RB IMO. NRC is a bit hot and cold, stops Ronaldo one week then lets Riera walk all over him. Beye has done enough to be our second choice RB at least.

Rino, I've been diplomatic on here up til now about Beye because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.

I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.

:shock: where were you when we had Gary Charles ???

He was rubbish. Although I do remember him scoring quite a nice goal against Leeds @ VP I think it was. That had kinda blurred my memory of how shit he was.

Ulises De La Cruz, Aaron Hughes, Phil Bardsley are right back in the last few years alone that were far, far worse than Beye. He does tuck in far too much for my liking but that statement is rubbish imo!

Rino, I've been diplomatic on here up til now about Beye because he's still new to Villa and he might still improve, but from what I've seen of him, and I've watched him closely, I honestly think we have on our hands possibly the worst rightback since I've supported the club.

I don't think i could disagree more.

I thought he was excellent against liverpool and if you watch the fulham game again you'll see 3 important wins in the area where he read the danger and was able to get there and clear it.

Thought he was very poor going forward against fulham but as a defender i haven't seen anything wrong with him.

Â