PL: Wigan h 2009/08/15 Ratings and Reactions

bickster

The only players who I rated highly were Milner and Young.

I have to say other than the first 15 minutes that Ashley Young was **** useless today.

I disagree. He was still causing trouble for their defenders well beyond the first 15 minutes...my only problem with his game in general is that he often tries too hard to dribble through 3 men and it obviously doesn't always come off. He needs to keep his head up more.

He spent half the game on the floor and the other half over hitting crosses, sure he did a few nice runs with the ball but they are starting to resemble those of Tony Daley because they go nowhere.

What is the point of going past people if you can't judge the weight of a cross?

Can someone please let me know what Petrov offers?

**** it,

Reo-Coker holding, Sidwell driving forward. Simple.

He is captain. He won't be dropped. I think we should revert to a three in midfield and Carew up top or someone else if he is injured.

Why do people keep saying all this reaction after one game, its not just ONE game its 2 wins in 17, its a slump of relegation proportions, its a carry on from last season coupled with a very frustrating transfer window.

People saying the window is still open is total shit as the season began today not **** September.

How people can defend MON defies believe. Forget some of the small questionable decisions like should NRC play, Delph play, Albrighton play etc there is only one decision you need to remember this is the man who signed Emile Heskey and adapts a winning top four team to accommodate him and not coincidentally we are then total shit yet still persists.

MON you are a funny, decent guy but you will never get my team into the top four. You dont take cup competitions seriously, and you have one seriously shit transfer policy. Two top six finishes whoop di do with that much cash spent so you should minimum.

Slate me if you wish attack me if you wish I have not been personal to anyone but its my opinion and i think its the right one and I have the right to be totally gutted angry and dismayed after the first game of the season.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The only players who I rated highly were Milner and Young.

I have to say other than the first 15 minutes that Ashley Young was **** useless today.

I disagree. He was still causing trouble for their defenders well beyond the first 15 minutes...my only problem with his game in general is that he often tries too hard to dribble through 3 men and it obviously doesn't always come off. He needs to keep his head up more.

He spent half the game on the floor and the other half over hitting crosses, sure he did a few nice runs with the ball but they are starting to resemble those of Tony Daley because they go nowhere.

What is the point of going past people if you can't judge the weight of a cross?

he's annoying to watch when he keeps running into defenders..he ends up on his arse waving his had for frees and so on..i do be screeming at the tv because of him tbh..

Just got home and had the chance to digest... Not going to Panic yet, but its close...

I've never directly blamed Shorey before, but today he was dogsh*t. REALLY BAD!!! Everytime he got the ball I felt nervous.

Petrov seems to have reverted to his 1st season form, maybe he isn't fit, but he was static, as good as useless. The problem was MON couldn't really take him off and leave Delph on.

Gabby looks overweight, and apart from being in a straight footrace looked poor.

Cuellar and Davies looked to be trying to pass the responsibility of being last man, they were as shaky as each other. We were outnumbered in the middle all the time, both Delph and Petrov were too deep.

Absolutely no creativity apart from Young who was triple marked at times with no support at all.

We appeared to be clueless, outfought, outplayed... It was extremely poor! The players were arguing among themselves in the 1st half!

Only positives, Sidwell injected some forward momentum and Albrighton was looking for the ball when all else looked like they didn't want it.

We desperately need a creative midfielder and a bloody good defender, period! Without we are scr*wed. These players will be mid table at best, maybe worse.

An abject, dire performance which should signal some pretty big changes.

Most importantly this should hopefully serve as a massive wake up call to a man who seems oblivious to the fact that if he can't turn things around pretty quickly he'll be looking for work.

Awful. Awful. Awful.

Hits the nail on the head for me.

I tell you who I felt sorry for today, Nigel Reo Coker. If I was him left sat on that bench with a bunch of kids while another kid made his debut and Sidwell was used as as I sub I would be fuming. In fact if I was him I would walk into O'Neill's office on Monday morning with a written transfer request.

I hope he is better than that but I wouldn't blame him either. A disgraceful decision by MON.

They always say that the spine of your team should be strong. Well our spine is as weak is ****. Get some steel in there, some balls. Like many have said this is not based on one game, we played some gash football for most of last season, and we have been found out big time. MON needs to sort it out and sort it NOW!!! The hoof hoof hoof just doesn't work!?! I've said so for so long I sound like a feckin broken record!!!!

I tell you who I felt sorry for today, Nigel Reo Coker. If I was him left sat on that bench with a bunch of kids while another kid made his debut and Sidwell was used as as I sub I would be fuming. In fact if I was him I would walk into O'Neill's office on Monday morning with a written transfer request.

I wouldn't have waited until Monday - I'd have had my request in and my locker emptied 5 mins after the game.

Oh and another thing, Nicky Shorey. The guy is a **** coward! I have thought it for a while but today just confirmed it, the guy is scared to put his foot in I've never seen a defender so worried about getting stuck in.
I miss that lad O'Leary signed....erm whats his name?

Now, if I went over to the regular Villa forum and made a thread called "Should Delph have started?", would it get locked because it should be asked on this particular thread here?

If we want to talk about a specific thing regarding the game, we are now not allowed to start it's own thread?

Scratching my head a bit here.... :lol:

Thought the only player to come out of today with any credit was James Milner, who never gave up

Beye, Shorey, Petrov and Gabby were poor

Curtis Davies was absolutely shocking!

I feel that MON is a great motivator but unless he improves his track record on buying players it will eventually cost him his job

Oh and another thing, Nicky Shorey. The guy is a **** coward! I have thought it for a while but today just confirmed it, the guy is scared to put his foot in I've never seen a defender so worried about getting stuck in.
I miss that lad O'Leary signed....erm whats his name?

Obama