Of the 4, who's your choice?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 4, who's your choice?

• Sol Campbell
    • Sylvain Distin
    • Richard Dunne
    • David Wheater

It really, really doesn't.

He signed Dunne becasue Distin chose Everton.

Don't forget he only signed Milner becuase Bentley chose to go to spurs.

Great signings granted, but lets not get ahead of oursleves.

People really do think he is a genius don't they? :shock:

More likely, we signed Collins instead of Distin, do you not think?

Yes, it was just complete luck with Milner, it's not like he tried to sign him as soon as he became manager as well.

Some **** people!!!

Exactly, BOF. Some people on here base media speculation on pure fact. It is ridiculous. We all know the media spin crap about us 90% of the time in relation to transfers and other matters.

Shows that the manager does tend to know best!

Yeh, a mate of mine who is a groundsman told me that Dunne just wandered into Villa Park one day in a daze and said "gisajob". MON actually tried to throw him out but was physically restrained by General K, while Randy signed Dunne on the spot.

At least that's how my mate tells it...

I had read MON had wanted Dunne as part of the Barry deal but city said they would not let him go until they got either Terry or Lescott.

Milner MON tried to make his first signing when he joined the club, that one is well publicised.

Speak for myself?

Get a grip, the lad has been an absolute treasure for 5m. Ok, he's made mistakes...but guess what footballers make mistakes. He has well been worth 5 million this season.

No mate, not a genius, just a very capable bloke who is the manager of our football club and therefore deserves our support while the team improves. And he's definitely a genius compared to the people who have a go at him every time they sit down at a computer.

No mate, not a genius, just a very capable bloke who is the manager of our football club and therefore deserves our support while the team improves. And he's definitely a genius compared to the people who have a go at him every time they sit down at a computer.

Well said :clap:

I think that is bollox. Milner was a long term target of MON's. I think Bentley was more interested in coming to Villa than we were ever interested in signing him. Last summer he was gagging to sign.

I would agree Distin was a target and I think we ended up with Collins instead. Dunne was a target for MON, as the Laursen replacement. as soon as he knew he could be available.

As for genius managers they all make good and bad signings and good and bad sales.

Ferguson bought Djemba Djemba and Juan Sebastien Veron and grossly overpaid for both Berbatov and Hargreaves. He also sold Stam and for that matter McGrath. Conversely he bought Ronaldo for £12m? and sold him for £80m

Benitez at Liverpool - where do you start??

I only quoted this section of your post because it is the section that I know, without doubt, to be wrong. I believe the rest to be wrong but don't know it.

MON wanted to sign Dunne during his time at Celtic. He tried to sign Dunne as part of the Barry deal but was knocked back by Hughes and Cook.

I'm not sure if I was "ITK" on this deal but, if you read the Dunne transfer thread, you'll see that I had contact with someone on the inside.

MON's been after Richard Dunne for a long long time and, luckily, he finally got his man back in August.

You obviously know more than the rest of us then?

Weren't you one of the biggest critics of Milner when he was settling into the team? Abysmal was it?

Yeah, MON may not be a 'genius' as you misquoted me, but he does know a hell of a lot more than you.

Speak for myself?

Get a grip, the lad has been an absolute treasure for 5m. Ok, he's made mistakes...but guess what footballers make mistakes. He has well been worth 5 million this season.

Calm down son, I meant speak for yourself when you say "the majority of villa fans didnt want Dunne". What makes you say that? a poll done by a tiny amount of the clubs fans and it turns into the majority? Same way as quite a few on here cant appreciate what MON has done and will continue to do for us until hes gone, then maybe they'll realise, so because a few on here think MON isnt as good enough does that mean the majority of fans dont? No it doesnt does it.