BOF

Of the 4, who's your choice?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 4, who's your choice?

• Sol Campbell
    • Sylvain Distin
    • Richard Dunne
    • David Wheater

Looking at how it panned out M'ON get full marks...

Maybe in hindsight we could of got Distin and Dunne

Then we would not have got Collins!

Hats tipped to Martin, I wanted Distin at the time too.

If he can sort the attack half as good as the defence we are going to have a damn good side.

Ugh, I hate people bringing up these bloody topics to make some kind of point.

I think it shows that 90% of football fans don't know jack about football :D

Not really, I think if you look at Dunnes previous season vs Distins previous season - we would've been right to go for Distin.

Also don't forget Distin chose Everton over us - so it wouldn't be beyong the realms of possibility to say Martin thought the same.

Also remember Bentley, Martin went for him before he went for Milner. Transfers work as expected sometimes and sometimes they don't.

I wonder if that little bespectacled Irish chappie who stands at the side of the pitch, watching a lot of our games actually knows what he's doing?

I didn't want Dunne either. Bargain transfer of the summer methinks. Collins not very far behind. Both superb signings.

MON did well to get them and he picked up two gresast players - but let's not get ahead of ourselves he also signed Knight, Harewood & Heskey - so whilst these transfers were great not everything turns to gold...

I said at the time (not on here evidently!) that either Dunney or Distin (who's been excellent for Everton) would do me.

Campbell's done o.k for Arsenal but needs someone with pace alongside him and Weather, well he's just disappeared from people's thoughts, should've really moved.

I wonder if that little bespectacled Irish chappie who stands at the side of the pitch, watching a lot of our games actually knows what he's doing?

I didn't want Dunne either. Bargain transfer of the summer methinks. Collins not very far behind. Both superb signings.

MON did well to get them and he picked up two gresast players - but let's not get ahead of ourselves he also signed Knight, Harewood & Heskey - so whilst these transfers were great not everything turns to gold...

Knight who he made a profit on, Harewood who was a 'body' (remember when everyone said we needed some of those) and Heskey who is 3rd choice? And bought for a combined fee of roughly 11mil? It's a nothing argument if you're trying to use them to play down the great players he has brought to the club.

The majority of Villa fans were against signing Dunne.

There is no question about that. He's turned out better than expected - fantastic. Makes us look silly but whatever. :P

Exactly. I wasn't thrilled with Dunne but I am happy to admit I was wrong, look silly etc.

I wasn't too thrilled to be signing Dunne, although I wasn't against it. This thread just shows we should give players a chance when they sign rather than slate them

Shows that the manager does tend to know best!

It really, really doesn't.

He signed Dunne becasue Distin chose Everton.

Don't forget he only signed Milner becuase Bentley chose to go to spurs.

Great signings granted, but lets not get ahead of oursleves.

People really do think he is a genius don't they? :shock:

And you actually KNOW this to be true, beyond all reasonable doubt? I find that hard to believe sorry.

Were you speaking to him about this?

Or are you basing it on media speculation?