PL: Wigan h 2009/08/15 Match Thread

limpid

Guzan

Beye(If Young not fit) Hangeland Upson Warnock

Albrighton Reo-Coker Sneijder Young

Carew Vagner Love

Subs= Friedal, Delph, Milner, Agbonlahor, Petrov, Davies. Ballboys=Cuellar+Heskey!

That is very ambitious

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gk- Friedel

lb-Shorey

cb-Cueller

cb-Davies

rb-Beye

lm-Milner

cm-Hopefully sneijder but petrov

cm-Delph

rm-Ash

st-Carew

st-Gabby

Subs:

Guzan

nrc

l young

gardner

hesky

I think you could well be right and it'll allow me to sleep on the train down too.

if their fit then id go with:

...........................Freidel...........................

Young........Cuellar........Davies.........Shorey

Milner........Petrov.........Reo-Coker.....Young

...........................Delph............................

...........................Carew...........................

Subs:

Sidwell

Guzan

Gabby

Heskey

Gardner

Albrighton

Beye

Much better bench already compared to last year. We could actually bring people on knowing that they could do some damage.

Not even got the Fonz or the injured downing in that squad too.

----------------Guzan----------------

Beye-----Davies--Cuellar-----Shorey

Milner---Reo-Coker--Petrov----Young

---------Carew--Agbonlahor---------

Bench: Friedel, Gardner, Clark, Sidwell, Delph, Albrighton, Delfouneso.

Heskey Suspended

L Young Injured

2 Defenders in by then hopefully, they would both be on the bench istead of Clark and Gardner

I am amazed witht he love affair the Villa fans now seem to have for Petrov. I think NRC has shown in pre-season (the best we've had for years) how important it is to have a DCM with drive and energy. For me Petrov is not enough of an athlete to play in there and this was demonstrated in the last 15 games of the previous season and the first few games of the Peace Cup.

I couldn't disagree with most of the teams (given the size of our squad and injuries it almost picks itself) except for Petrov's inclusion in front of NRC?

I am amazed by Villa fans love affair with Petrov. For me, NRC has proved in pre-season what we have missed in the DCM position - it requires an athlete with drive and energy. This is not Stan for me and this was shown in the last 15 games of last year and the first couple of the Peace Cup.

For me NRC has to play, particularly if we are looking at a 4-4-2. Other than that hard to disagree with most of the teams, but then our squad + injuries means the teams almost picks itself.

I am amazed by Villa fans love affair with Petrov. For me, NRC has proved in pre-season what we have missed in the DCM position - it requires an athlete with drive and energy. This is not Stan for me and this was shown in the last 15 games of last year and the first couple of the Peace Cup.

For me NRC has to play, particularly if we are looking at a 4-4-2. Other than that hard to disagree with most of the teams, but then our squad + injuries means the teams almost picks itself.

I love them both!!

Saturdays Starting XI

...................................Freidel....................................

.....................Cuellar................Davies.......................

Beye...............................................................Shorey

......................Petrov................Reo-Coker..................

Milner.................................................................Young

......................Agbonlaghor.......Heskey........................

He is definately going to start Freidel as he is our No1, he has looked good and slim in preseason (as has Guzan) and has still played more consecutive games in the premiership than anyone.

Heskey gets my nod over Carew as big JC will probably play 90 mins of competitive international football tonight against Scotland, where Heskey if he plays will probably play 45 mins of a friendly and will therefore be fresher.

If we are winning by 2 goals I would expect to see Delph and Albrighton subbed on

Well the season starts and we have had the task of replacing our two best players - none of them have gotten replacements. We have sold an extra central defender as well, which leaves us with two! I wonder who would play away to Liverpool should one of the guys get injured and MON not bring in a new one.

However, John Carew was great last night and should definetely go ahead of Heskey in the first game and hopefully it will stay that way forever.

We are favourites and this is actually a must-win game in terms of us missing the second game before meeting Liverpool away the following week.

Well the season starts and we have had the task of replacing our two best players - none of them have gotten replacements. We have sold an extra central defender as well, which leaves us with two! I wonder who would play away to Liverpool should one of the guys get injured and MON not bring in a new one.
Don't tempt fate, O'Neill would get lynched! He is taking some risk though, I agree with you.

However, John Carew was great last night and should definetely go ahead of Heskey in the first game and hopefully it will stay that way forever.

He was greatbut played the best part of seventy-five minutes? I think John will be on the bench and come on for Heskey late in the game.

Wigan are now without Olivier Kapo for the match.

With the tragic announcement re Luke Young's brother I totally expect Beye to make his debut!

I think we'll line up in a 4-4-2 as follows:

.............Freidel

Beye.Cuellar.Davies.Shorey

Milner.NRC.Petrov.Young

........Gabby.Heskey

Subs: Guzan.Clarke.Sidwell.Delph.Carew.Albrighton.Gardner