PL: Wigan h 2009/08/15 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MON keeps persisting with the same players in the same formation as the end of last season we are in serious trouble.

Hoofing it upfront for no reason, passing the ball to Young, who just continually runs into trouble and having a defense of which 4 out of 5 members are extremely shaky.

This is not the sign of a good team.

I'd like to think of positives, but apart from Albrighton, who did manage to deliver one good inswinging cross from the left, and Beye's decent debut, there really aren't any.

We were crap, Wigan more than deserved their 2-0 victory. I think MON was very bold in picking Petrov and Delph, Sidwell and NRC should have started the game, definitely NRC. We lost the game in the middle of the park. Not sure what made him pick a partnership thats not played together before in the first game of the season. Its not the end of the world but with Rapid Vienna and Liverpool next week, a winning result was needed to give confidence.

As for the fans calling for MON's head... thats sheer stupidty.

Guys, I know I'm new here, but I have to say it. As bad as our team was today, some of the hysterics in the comments have been worse. It's football. Anything can happen. We have no divine right to win. It's difficult. There's no messiah manager waiting to deliver champ's league football. And as for those at the stadium, booing Ash Young is not on. This is our best player, who's given us so many great moments, the young player of the year, and we turn so quickly? He might head off to Spurs if this is the support he gets when the chips are down. Not cool.

Not cool. I'd rather win, but if we lose I'd like to do it with dignity, please.

You obviously missed the second half of last season.We have not won more than for games since january.You are right anything can happen,teams getting relegated can happen.

why the hell was Delph starting anyway?!?

Because he is an exceptional talent who is going to be a big, big player for us. That's why. He has obviously came here and impressed - he slotted in just fine against Fiorentina.

He has played 45 mins of Premiership football. Give him a chance.

Seconded.

Desperately need to sort out our defence though. Get cuellar and shorey out and bring in someone who can defend properly.

Guys, I know I'm new here, but I have to say it. As bad as our team was today, some of the hysterics in the comments have been worse. It's football. Anything can happen. We have no divine right to win. It's difficult. There's no messiah manager waiting to deliver champ's league football. And as for those at the stadium, booing Ash Young is not on. This is our best player, who's given us so many great moments, the young player of the year, and we turn so quickly? He might head off to Spurs if this is the support he gets when the chips are down. Not cool.

Not cool. I'd rather win, but if we lose I'd like to do it with dignity, please.

here here!! get behind the players!!

Wigan were bigger, stronger, faster, technically and tactically superior, simply a better team from 1-11

no shame in losing to a far better team imo

This is wigan... not chelsea i could understand your point if it were a top 4 side we were being outclassed in all areas of the pitch by players such as michael brown, charles nzogbia and titus bramble....

Gareth Barry must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I think he recognised the situation and got out while he could. even if we offered him the same contract man city did he would have **** off.

i agree with you again Ash,i think when he went it said a lot more about what was going on at the club than anything else..

I can see why people are annoyed; that was an extremely poor performance.

However, some of the over-reactions on here are insane. We'd never get anywhere if some of you guys called the shots! We'd be bankrupt, operating a managerial merry-go round that no-one would want to get on, and probably even further down the league than we were in the not-so-distant (although you wouldn't believe it) past. Not that I expected anything different, though.

Wigan were bigger, stronger, faster, technically and tactically superior, simply a better team from 1-11

Then i ask you this?Why are they bigger,why stronger,why faster,technically superior and a better team?No shame in losing,the shame is in not playing football.

So your saying The wigan organisation from top to bottom is better than Villas?Who is responsible for the side on the pitch today?

Then i ask you this?Why are they bigger,why stronger,why faster,technically superior and a better team?No shame in losing,the shame is in not playing football.

So your saying The wigan organisation from top to bottom is better than Villas?Who is responsible for the side on the pitch today?

Can you not recognise sarcasm?

the team didnt play that bad it just was that wigan were a alot sharper. we need some defenders asap. we know teams on gonna double up on a.young so we should give him a license to play in the space and also swap gabby and a young during the game to keep defenders guessing. not really anthing to panic as we had the most possession and shots. we will get some more players and kick on from there.

CB & LB priority! & we cant rely on 1 player to get us points.

Team rating today = 6.5 out of 10

I can see why people are annoyed; that was an extremely poor performance.

However, some of the over-reactions on here are insane. We'd never get anywhere if some of you guys called the shots! We'd be bankrupt, operating a managerial merry-go round that no-one would want to get on, and probably even further down the league than we were in the not-so-distant (although you wouldn't believe it) past. Not that I expected anything different, though.

Yoy dont see it do you?This is not over reaction,this is a trend that started last January.Poor performances equal zero points equals relegation.THAT LEADS TO BANKRUPTCY.