Friendly: Oxford a 2009/08/04 Match Thread

RMB

(from vital oxford)

Aston Villa Team News:

From: Blythe, Bradley, Collins, Dyer, Flanagan, Gardner, Grocott, Lampkin,Love, Roberts, Simmonds, Berry, Clifton, Deeney, Poyser, Steiber, Delfouneso, O'Halloran, Bevan, Forrester, Hofbauer, Lichaj, Albrighton, Bannan, Clark, Baker, Herd, Hogg, Lowry, McGurk, Parish, Mikaelsson, Weimann, Halfhuid

Disappointing. Thought Gabby, Milner and Craig Gardner would get a run out tonight.

(from vital oxford)

Aston Villa Team News:

From: Blythe, Bradley, Collins, Dyer, Flanagan, Gardner, Grocott, Lampkin,Love, Roberts, Simmonds, Berry, Clifton, Deeney, Poyser, Steiber, Delfouneso, O'Halloran, Bevan, Forrester, Hofbauer, Lichaj, Albrighton, Bannan, Clark, Baker, Herd, Hogg, Lowry, McGurk, Parish, Mikaelsson, Weimann, Halfhuid

Disappointing. Thought Gabby, Milner and Craig Gardner would get a run out tonight.

Me too. Changed my mind about going now.

The thing to remember here is that Steiber no longer plays for us, so I'd be amazed if he travelled all the way from Germany to play at the Kassam, Id be even more amazed if Albrighton, Bannan, Lichaj, Weimann, Lowry and Herd play considering they're off until Thursday with the rest of the lads who played on sunday night - so i'm pretty sure thats just a generic squad list Vital Oxford have taken from somewhere else..... You heard it here first! Wait until the official list shows up from the official site!

The thing to remember here is that Steiber no longer plays for us, so I'd be amazed if he travelled all the way from Germany to play at the Kassam, Id be even more amazed if Albrighton, Bannan, Lichaj, Weimann, Lowry and Herd play considering they're off until Thursday with the rest of the lads who played on sunday night - so i'm pretty sure thats just a generic squad list Vital Oxford have taken from somewhere else..... You heard it here first! Wait until the official list shows up from the official site!

Didn't realise all the Peace cuppers were off til thursday.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and wait for an official announcement then!

I'd be pretty shocked if Gabby, Milner and Gardner don't get a run out, as mentioned previously this would be their only preperation before the game Saturday against Fiorentina.

I can imagine Gabby in particular would need to be match fit heading into the first weekend....

I hope the U21 Villans get some form of run-out. Heskey might play too considering he missed some of the Peace Cup matches through injury and the red card.

Delfouneso should be rested after his U19 exploits.

I think Lichaj should get another game.

How about Bouma, is he anywhere near a match yet?

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10265~1743135,00.html

Team: Elliot Parish, Chris Herd, Daniel Devine, Shane Lowry, Tomos Roberts, Daniel Bradley, Dominik Hofbauer, Gary Gardner, Andras Stieber, James Collins, Adam McGurk.

Substitutes: Richard Blythe, Ben Siegrist, Jason Lampkin, Jack Dyer, Kofi Poyser, Samir Carruthers, Durell Berry, William Grocott, Ryan Simmonds.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10265~1743135,00.html

Team: Elliot Parish, Chris Herd, Daniel Devine, Shane Lowry, Tomos Roberts, Daniel Bradley, Dominik Hofbauer, Gary Gardner, Andras Stieber, James Collins, Adam McGurk.

Substitutes: Richard Blythe, Ben Siegrist, Jason Lampkin, Jack Dyer, Kofi Poyser, Samir Carruthers, Durell Berry, William Grocott, Ryan Simmonds.

Not impressed. Spent £30 on tickets for me and the gf. I was expecting a pretty weak team but not 1 senior player? :(