Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

I have just made myself a curry (only my second attempt at making one from scratch) it doesn't look as good as the masterpiece at the top of the page but I am pretty **** chuffed with it

loads of chillies and peppers and a boiled egg of course, looks pretty fooking good man.

only problem is that I struggle to get enough sauce, last time it ended up like spiced chicken with loads of peppers and chillies and was far too dry, this time I have done a bit better but still not as much sauce as I would have liked, anyone got any tips?

Leemond, for a simple homemade curry:

1 - Dont bother with peppers.

2 - Add tomatoes

3 - Add Water/stock.

4 - Reduce down.

Also, a quick tip on curries:

A lot of the flavour comes from the onions and how you cook them. Ideally they need to go in on a medium to low heat for a good 20 minutes before you start with the curry. That way they begin to caramelise and add a nice sweetness to the curry.

Well, keep your peppers in there, it's your curry after all.

Good job on the onions, most people miss that one out.

With regards to sauce: Depending on how many spices you have in there, it may suffice just to add about a litre of chicken stock and then reduce down (this works fine if you have something strong like cardamon in there). But for a more standard curry, just add 4 or 5 chopped tomatoes then cover with water.

my brother is going to the states tonight any ideas on what i should request?

he reckons he wont be able to bring a double down back :( and anyone who says hersheys should take a long good look at themselves, i'll get some reeces pieces but other than that i cant remember the good stuff out there

how the fook did you find that? my search thing never works on VT

oh and by the way I just ate my curry that I made I couldn't wait until tonight

it was pretty **** awesome, mite make another one on Saturday, practice makes perfect an all that...I'll order one tomorrow though just so I can compare it against mine

Use the search at the top of the site, not along the side. I just put "curry" into the word part and "BOF" into the author part (it's a safe bet that I've used the word 'curry' in a food thread to this point ...) and voila, there it was near the end of the page. I also made it a 'Poll' so it never prunes. Get me ...

I did myself a whole chicken last night. I didn't eat it all but it was bloody excellent. Before popping it into the oven I smothered it in a curry paste with lots of salt and pepper. When it was cooked, I ripped it to shreds before dipping it into bbq sauce and grated cheese. That'll be a fiery bbq cheesy chicken :)

he reckons he wont be able to bring a double down back :( and anyone who says hersheys should take a long good look at themselves, i'll get some reeces pieces but other than that i cant remember the good stuff out there

baby ruth and reeces crispy crunch.

Twizzlers, Butterfingers, and Sour Patch Kids!

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between a pikelet & a crumpet?

Or are they essentially the same

Might be different in the UK but here a pikelet is a miniature pancake, about the diameter of a teacup or less. A crumpet is thick & holey.

Â