Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

Inspired by this thread, I took it upon myself to trial a concoction I'd dreamed up over the weekend; the Deep Dish Burger.

Very simple, take two Chicago Town deep dish pepperoni pizzas (or whichever takes your fancy, I'd wager the pepperoni ones would work best though), turn them inwards and use in lieu of burger baps. I'll take a photo when I make another one.

How did it taste?

Inspired by this thread, I took it upon myself to trial a concoction I'd dreamed up over the weekend; the Deep Dish Burger.

Very simple, take two Chicago Town deep dish pepperoni pizzas (or whichever takes your fancy, I'd wager the pepperoni ones would work best though), turn them inwards and use in lieu of burger baps. I'll take a photo when I make another one.

Isnt that just some sort of Calzone?

How did it taste?

Really good, actually. Like a meatball pizza, but with more meat and more pizza. :)

The bottom pizza-bap soaks up the juices of the burger quite nicely.

Isnt that just some sort of Calzone?

Calzone is traditionally a stonebaked base folded in on itself, but I can see the comparison. I do love a good calzone, however this was a different beast altogether.

Only one burger in there? You could fit three - what a softcock!

Nah, too many burgers would upset the taste-balance. However I have considered the possibility of using two burgers, with a thinner mini-pizza acting as a "seperator" in between.

I'm bouncing off to New York in a few weeks, I'll make it a mission of mine to find and eat as much of Levi's posts as possible.

The Triple Baconator is no longer "on the menu" at Wendy's. But fear not, you can still order and receive it. All references to it have been removed from the menu boards (probably due to regulations in places like New York City that require the nutrition content to be posted on the menu board), but it's still available.

Â