2010 - What league placing is acceptable?

NurembergVillan

Where should we be finishing next season for you to be happy?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Where should we be finishing next season for you to be happy?

• Champions
    • Top 4
    • Top 4 and a trophy
    • 5th/6th
    • 5th/6th and a trophy
    • Mid-table and a trophy

The thread title OR question in the first post has to be changed IMO.

Acceptable and happy are 2 different things.

I put 5/6th and a trophy answering the question in the first post, as that is what I'd be happy with. I think MON will be ok with Randy if he comes 6th again...fans wouldnt

Top six and a decent cup run for me.

The jump from 5th to 4th is bigger than the jump from 17th to 6th, if you get what I mean.

id be happy with midtable considering we will lose the likes of Barry and Laursen possibly Bouma as well MON has yet to convince me that he will be able to bring in quality replacements

id be happy with midtable considering we will lose the likes of Barry and Laursen possibly Bouma as well MON has yet to convince me that he will be able to bring in quality replacements

You'd really be happy with midtable? It might happen either way but I'd be appauled at it unless we won a cup.

where we finish will be dictated by how O'Neill deals in the transfer market he not only needs to sign quality first team players but more squad players so we have enough quality and depth to compete in europe and the premiership, i think spurs and man city will be up their next season considering they have no european distractions and can focus on the premiership look at what everton did they got knocked out of europe early and went onto a 5th placed finish and a cup final.

Let's not lose touch with reality like Newcastle fans, we have no divine right to finish in the top six.

Next season will be a real battle to finish in the top six with Everton, Villa, Spurs and Man city all busting a gut to qualify for europe.

Our last thirteen games this season earned just eleven points which demonstrated what we all know, that without Martin Laursen we are very vunerable. We may also be without our classiest player, Gareth Barry.

An acceptable performance for me next season will be to be in the top half of the table all season, and if we finish seventh or higher with 60 points plus and qualify for europe again we will have had another very good season imo.

5th/6th and a trophy please.

I believe that we need to substantiate our position of qualifying for Europe through the league again next year, especially with the likely added threat of Spuds and Man Citeh. It would also be nice to go the distance in a cup, any of the three cups really I don't mind which.

1st in league and win all the cups..

ok it may not be realistic but villa go into every game for a win, we enter the league to win at the start of the season and we enter the cups thinking we can win it.. theres no point entering it if youve given up on it already imo

Â