2010 - What league placing is acceptable?

NurembergVillan

Where should we be finishing next season for you to be happy?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Where should we be finishing next season for you to be happy?

• Champions
    • Top 4
    • Top 4 and a trophy
    • 5th/6th
    • 5th/6th and a trophy
    • Mid-table and a trophy

I would be happy with:

Top 6 or automatic Europa League qualification.

To be competitive in every cup competition. I wouldn't be disappointed if we got knocked out early by a better team.

I wouldn't expect much more than that.

I voted for top four, however that would depend on the budget Martin has in the summer, he has spent a small fortune thus far, and the squad is built of mainly his purchases, and he has met ALL my expectations thus far, and as part of the 5 year plan, CL qualification is a must next season.

Considering we are about to lose our best 2 players another 5th/6th would be an achievment, as long as there was a genuine attempt in Europe and a decent cup run.

5th or 6th is acceptable, a trophy would be fabulous. Finishing in the top four would require a lot of things to go our way. To be honest I can't see them being broken up consistently until UEFA takes action -- either by way of limiting foreign players, squad sizes or debt limits. Or a combination of any of those controls.

They have just had too much money, too much success, over a long period of time and have squads way better than any other club in the league. If teams like Real Madrid and Juventus can't compete with them, how are the likes of Villa supposed to?

Top 6 will be even tougher next season - Tottenham won't give us a 20 point head start and Man City will be a lot closer too - and they don't have the distraction of Europa football...So I say I would be more than happy with 6th again next season.

Top 7 and a decent run in the cups would see me pleased again.

I'm not going to be dissapointed if we don't improve again.

I reckon 5th-8th will be a toss-up between us, Spurs, Man City and Everton.

Top 7, qualify for Europe again, and have a real crack at the cups and I'd be pretty pleased.

This. I'm not going to start expecting too much. I would just like to see some consistency now. We have finished in the top six two years on the trot. If we can keep that up then I would be happy. Maybe even accepting seventh next season as long as we get into Europe. Obviously the higher we finish the better, but I won't be expecting miracles.

Top 7 will be good enough for me to be honest. This is a tough league, and consistently ending up in this bracket is HARD. Top 4 is just too hard. I doubt any team can do it at the moment. The big teams are more or less cemented up there and something needs to go seriously wrong for one of them for someone else to have a chance. I would love a cup as well, but hey, we don't seem like a good enough cup team to manage that, so no expectations from me there. I want to see more of the "never say die" attitude we showed earlier in the season. I love how we always came back and stung the opposition, no matter who they were. At the end of the day, this is football and anything can happen. I wish for consistency and fighting spirit. I love to see our lads battling hard.

Â