2010 - What league placing is acceptable?

NurembergVillan

Where should we be finishing next season for you to be happy?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Where should we be finishing next season for you to be happy?

• Champions
    • Top 4
    • Top 4 and a trophy
    • 5th/6th
    • 5th/6th and a trophy
    • Mid-table and a trophy

1st in league and win all the cups..

ok it may not be realistic but villa go into every game for a win, we enter the league to win at the start of the season and we enter the cups thinking we can win it.. theres no point entering it if youve given up on it already imo

So that's the only thing that is acceptable for you then (as this thread is asking)? If we don't win every match then you would be unhappy?

I want top four as with Arsenal apparently selling Adebayor, and maybe even Fabregas, I still think they are there for the taking.

However, as long as I have a weekend out at Wembley (or Germany) , I'll take 5th or 6th

So I've gone for 5th / 6th with a trophy.

But no Wembley - I want top 4 !

no, im saying that the MENTALITY has got to be to win all games. and if the mentality is right it will improve the position we are in the table

no, im saying that the MENTALITY has got to be to win all games. and if the mentality is right it will improve the position we are in the table

I agree with you but what has that got to do with what you would find an acceptable achievement for next season?

I agree with you but what has that got to do with what you would find an acceptable achievement for next season?

because theres no point in saying what place and how far in the cup.

as long as the villa boys go into every game thinking they can win

as long as the villa boys go into every competition thinking they can win it

as long as the villa boys go in and put in 110% every game

then im happy

because theres no point in saying what place and how far in the cup.

as long as the villa boys go into every game thinking they can win

as long as the villa boys go into every competition thinking they can win it

as long as the villa boys go in and put in 110% every game

then im happy

What if MON is taken ill and Kevin Keegan comes in and we lose every single game despite believing we can win and putting in 110%? Expecting effort and belief is a given. These people are professional athletes.

that would never happen so i dont know why u said that

and second of all.. the newcastle players were so low on confidence and belief so it is not given

and when i say effort i mean the kind of effort milner puts in week in week out

that would never happen so i dont know why u said that

and second of all.. the newcastle players were so low on confidence and belief so it is not given

and when i say effort i mean the kind of effort milner puts in week in week out

I never said that effort or belief was a given, I said that EXPECTING effort and belief was a given.

You missed my point about KK coming in, I was trying to help you see that effort and belief are not enough on their own. If you're struggling to imagine that how about if our current poor form continues for the whole of next season and we finish 15th despite trying hard and believing? Is that acceptable?

Realistically we are miles away from the top 4.

I disagree. We finished, what, 10 points behind Arsenal? When you consider they had a 20-odd game unbeaten streak while we won only 2 of our last 13, it suggests that if we even have an average run we could catch up.

I'd say qualifying for Europe, even 8th would be somewhat acceptable if Spurs and Citeh spend the money, as Everton will be up there again along with the bi4 g.

Same again and I'll be happy. I think 4th will be something we'll be waiting some time for.

A trophy would be nice, or a half decent cup run, but the randomness of the cups means I'm not going to demand a run/a win to be happy, just that if we did pull it off I'd thinka bit more of the season.

id take mid table but we wont win a trophy. And we can't write ourselves off from relegation, there is a very small difference between a team finishing 5th 6th 7th and a team fighting to avoid relegation. If Barry and young both go, and we replace them with shit, who knows what could happen

to be brutally honest.......

if we won a trophy i wouldnt be too bothered where we finished in the league...obviously as long it was out of the relegation places....

celebrating a trophy would be fantastic

Hmmmm, not so sure about this. Maybe if it was the FA Cup or Europa League, yet I would still want at least a top 10 finish. I just wouldn't accept winning the League Cup as it is a pile of rubbish.

Anyway, I'd be happy with top seven. It would be nice to have a good cup run too as others have mentioned. Let's not get carried away and think we should be taking on the world just yet. We may have a hiccup next season, yet I feel we are heading in the right direction.

I dont think it is possible for us to finish any higher than fifth barring some collapse from one of the Big 4, a collapse that gets less likely with every passing year

So we are in a race for fifth. My excitement knows no bounds

Would be nice if we took our cup football seriously too, but thats not likely either is it?

4th or higher, it is possible if you take advantage of situations, lets hope for once we dont **** up in the transfer market.

oh and also i also expect any competition we go in for to **** play to win rather than treat the fans like shit by using a team of reserves and then use excuses such as tired squad when a transfer window has just ended and we sign **** all apart from a fat useless twonk

4th or higher, it is possible if you take advantage of situations, lets hope for once we dont **** up in the transfer market.

oh and also i also expect any competition we go in for to **** play to win rather than treat the fans like shit by using a team of reserves and then use excuses such as tired squad when a transfer window has just ended and we sign **** all apart from a fat useless twonk

So top 4 and do well in all competitions.

You'll be depressed next season.

Top 4 are different graaavy.

Â