Yes or no! Would you be bothered if Barry went?

jackso55

Would you be bothered if Barry went?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be bothered if Barry went?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

In an ideal word,

I think everyone would like to see someone brought to compliment Barry.

However I can't see Mon not playing Petrov which means it's probably a blessing in disguise IF we buy a player who's different to Petrov.

On the whole though, Barry is the best player in the team and plays better in a 4-4-2 than 4-3-3 in my opinion as he get's more on the ball and drives the team forward well, he doesn't create much in the cact assists, but he's the one swinging the balls out to the wingers everytime, Petrov lacks the vision or ability for that Barry has to find a killer pass. It was evident last night especially once, Gabby ran well off his man and you know Barry would of just pinged it 40 yards into his path, Petrov turned back and played it to the right back.

I'd of loved

Palacios and Barry...that would of been awesome,

My prediction - and yes I know It'll probably sink without trace - is that Barry will sign another 3-4 year contract with Villa and agree to 'give it another year' at Villa in the run-up to the 2010 World Cup and not wanting to get splinters in his bum at Liverpool.

This means;

He can give Villa another year to break the big 4 and gain Chumps League footie.

The club have a contract with at least some residual sell-on should he go in 12+ months time.

He retains exposure and the eye of Capello.

Sounds like the lowest risk solution to me for all parties. See I should be an football agent...

He is still the best player we have at being calm, composed on the ball. He ain't bad at passing either. Will be a big loss IMO but I wouldn't hate him though. He has served us well and hopefully longer.

Drew'sMilitia, I think you could be right. Last summer there were InTheKnows, Leaders of Opinion, people who thought they knew about these things, could read the signs, etc etc etc, people who screamed and screeched and called him names, and they nearly all said Barry would be on his bike.

He stayed then, he may well stay now. I certainly hope so.

A very bog YES !

If you want to break top 4, and god forbid, challenge for the title , you do it by keeping hold of your best players, then adding to them with better players over time, not by selling your best players then replacing them with "prospects".

We need to keep Barry, then add over the next two years to make sure Barry is then only worthy of a place on the bench - a la Giggs !

doesn't our goal v Hull sum up the petrov \ barry thing

they kinda both tackled Boateng , both tried to run with the ball and then both wanted to make the pass up the wing to Young

so possibly the Petrov \ Barry being too alike argument holds some water ??

As someone said above Barry isn't a class above everyone else at the club now ..which is testament to the progress the club is making ( and not testament that Barry has gone backwards)

would like him to stay but and it's a big but .. it could just work to our advantage

See the energy levels in that United team last night , bodies back behind the ball ..in Milner and Young we sort of have it but in Barry & Petrov not so much ... so compare United to the holes that we often leave and it maybe that a Petrov and NRC (or better) partnership would actually help

The club wouldn't survive if Barry left.

I'm not sure how you managed to come to this conclusion! You could have said that about David Platt when he left but we come back stronger!!!!! A lot of Everton fans that I know thought Lee Carsley was a big loss as he was their engine room, but they have done better this season! One player doesn't make a team!

I voted no.

I am happy that he stayed on for this season after last summers antics, but if a decent bid came in for him this summer I would take it. He brings a hell of a lot to our team, but if Stan can continue his form in the holding position, I think we should look to bring a player in with a bit more creative ability to get up in that hole.

Its time for change and I thank him for his service.

Best player at Villa for donkey's years! Is still getting better too. If he goes I'll understand, but be disappointed as it sends out all the wrong signals to players looking at, maybe, coming to Villa. If he stays it will be because he wants to stay & I hope then some people will get off the guy's back! There's a lot on here who've made him feel unwelcome - spouting traitor bollox as though they've never done anything wrong in their own lives.

:angry:

Best player at Villa for donkey's years!

:crylaugh: He's too slow, he only scores penalties, he rarely shoots, he doesn't create goals, he gives away too many free kicks because of his lack of pace, he always gets knackered in the 2nd half and runs out of energy, he can't tackle, he can't header, no right foot. We won't miss him, get a young creative midfielder who actually scores a few goals alongside Petrov and you'll see.

Best player at Villa for donkey's years!

:crylaugh: He's too slow, he only scores penalties, he rarely shoots, he doesn't create goals, he gives away too many free kicks because of his lack of pace, he always gets knackered in the 2nd half and runs out of energy, he can't tackle, he can't header, no right foot. We won't miss him, get a young creative midfielder who actually scores a few goals alongside Petrov and you'll see.

I agree with some of this but he was 7th in the league for assists last season, he's just 2 behind 7th this season and he's averaged 8 goals a season for the past 5 years (admittedly most were pens). He is amazingly slow but he keeps possession very well and he has got a much better weaker foot than 90% of players.

Most definitely not the "Best player at Villa for donkey's years!" though. :crylaugh:

Most definitely not the "Best player at Villa for donkey's years!" though.

I think you'd be hard pressed to come up with someone better in terms of consistancy and longevity over the last 5/10 years, who've we had whose been better?

Oh right well I didn't realise it was taken as read that we were only considering quality in terms of consistEncy and longevity. All those WPOTY that Gary and Phil Neville won should have given me a clue. IMO Laursen is a far better player as well as Carew and A. Young but not in terms of longevity.

I'm not bothered as I'm resigned to it but with him and Laursen going MON must do something special in this transfer window to even have a season as good as this one.

Barry is one of our best players and it will obviously hurt to lose him. Mind you having him stay now would be like a new signing!

Barry is one of our best players and it will obviously hurt to lose him. Mind you having him stay now would be like a new signing!

I think losing him will be like a new signing, in a very weird way. I think it's time for both parties to move on. We're getting to that make or break stage of "the plan" now, the Barry/ Petrov partnership is not one that can move us up to the next level IMO.

He's too slow (no he's not), he only scores penalties, he rarely shoots (not his primary function), he doesn't create goals (yes he does), he gives away too many free kicks because of his lack of pace (no he doesn't), he always gets knackered in the 2nd half and runs out of energy (no he doesn't), he can't tackle (yes he can), he can't header (so what?), no right foot (so what?)

Opinions eh ? :lol:

Â