Yes or no! Would you be bothered if Barry went?

jackso55

Would you be bothered if Barry went?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be bothered if Barry went?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

I'm as upset as anyone about what went on last summer and the way Barry conducted himself, but I genuinely think he has been the same player this season as he always has for us, (spells of brilliance mixed with spell of indifferent form) and genuinely believe he is the glue that marries our defence and attack together.

We need to keep him as he is genuine class, but if he wants to go he should, (for the right price), but with no pissing around like last year.

I've said it before but i won't mind, i hope he goes early in the summer so it doesn't drag on. We need a different player than barry to partner petrov and i think that will help us alot. We need someone whose alot better going forward and i believe we will be able to bring in someone very decent to fill the void left by barry.

IMO i really don't think we will miss him that much next year.

Precisely.

Fact is it doesnt matter if we want him to stay he doesnt.

We offered him money, the captaincy the chance to play for England, the chance to become a Villa all time record holder and hero but he wants to join a team already winning medals, so he can say he has achieved something.

Bit of a silly poll really, like being dumped and saying "I'm not bothered" whilst crying your eyes out and saying "she's a slag" anyway"

Fact is it doesnt matter if we want him to stay he doesnt.

We offered him money, the captaincy the chance to play for England, the chance to become a Villa all time record holder and hero but he wants to join a team already winning medals, so he can say he has achieved something.

Bit of a silly poll really, like being dumped and saying "I'm not bothered" whilst crying your eyes out "saying she's a slag" anyway"

Or inbeweeners style "My dicks too big for her"

I was talking to Barry after the Hull game:

macmahonjames: "you're not leaving in the summer, are you gareth?"

Gareth Barry: "Hopefully not"

mj: "yea right"

GB: "We'll see what happens"

mj: "First team football guarenteed here Gareth, an the world cup is next summer"

GB: "exactly"

Mj: "look what happened Robbie Keane when he joined Liverpool, that Benitez is a sly one"

GB: "Yea"

He didn't convince me tbh

Could you explain to me how a lot of blame can be at Barrys feet for our current poor form?

Does he play in defence where most of our current problems lye?

Is he telling the defenders not to defend or something :lol:

No I don't think he is saying that, I mean I don't think anyone would be stupid to believe he is saying that do you?

I also do not put all the blame onto the defence Jez, as you are seemingly doing.

What I do think is that a lot of what we do revolves around Barry. Most people, not me, see him as our best player. He has a central role to our team. If he can't be arsed, how do you think that affects the team?

Could you explain to me how a lot of blame can be at Barrys feet for our current poor form?

Does he play in defence where most of our current problems lye?

Is he telling the defenders not to defend or something :lol:

No I don't think he is saying that, I mean I don't think anyone would be stupid to believe he is saying that do you?

I also do not put all the blame onto the defence Jez, as you are seemingly doing.

What I do think is that a lot of what we do revolves around Barry. Most people, not me, see him as our best player. He has a central role to our team. If he can't be arsed, how do you think that affects the team?

I also do not think he is anywhere near as good a leader as Laursen, or as Stan could be, for that matter

We need somone who can actually run, and chip in with a few goals.

what, like Petrov ?

:lol:

his pace and finishing are legendary. not to mention his set pieces and amazing assist rate

Petrov has probably been one of our best players this season....and unlike Barry he doesn't want to leave.

what, like Petrov ?

his pace and finishing are legendary. not to mention his set pieces and amazing assist rate

Petrov has probably been one of our best players this season....and unlike Barry he doesn't want to leave.

The same Petrov who has been one of the top 5 tacklers inthe league all season (Opta Stats?). Yeah, he's just useless eh? :lol:

what, like Petrov ?

It is my view that this season he IS our best player.

What he brings to the team as a whole goes unmatched and quite possibly unnoticed.

Now we need someone dynamic/fast and with a bit of flare to partner and go all creative on us.

I've said it before but i won't mind, i hope he goes early in the summer so it doesn't drag on. We need a different player than barry to partner petrov and i think that will help us alot. We need someone whose alot better going forward and i believe we will be able to bring in someone very decent to fill the void left by barry.

I've got an even better idea. Keep Barry, our England regular and best player and replace Petrov with a class box to box midfielder

Barry cna then do his England role for Villa and we'd be better straight away

This whole Petrov is suddenly a class act thing is most amusing. He's 5 times the player he was previously for us, yet still has no massive impact on the side apart from his crab like sideways passing. He offers no assists, he doesn't get involved in set pieces, he doesn't score, he doesn't have any pace etc etc

He does a great job playing short 5 yard balls and running around a lot

BRILLIANT!

The top 4 will all come knocking on O'Neill's door for him this summer i'm sure :lol:

IMO i really don't think we will miss him that much next year.

We could have a player that has freedom to get into box with Barry and Sidwell controlling the middle. I have a crazy idea. Play Sidwell in a 4-5-1 and leave Heskey in the carpark. I think we could go on a 13 game unbeaten streak with that formation but I'm sure MON would use this if it worked... :suspect:

I've got an even better idea. Keep Barry, our England regular and best player and replace Petrov with a class box to box midfielder

This whole Petrov is suddenly a class act thing is most amusing. He's 5 times the player he was previously for us, yet still has no massive impact on the side apart from his crab like sideways passing. He offers no assists, he doesn't get involved in set pieces, he doesn't score, he doesn't have any pace etc etc

He does a great job playing short 5 yard balls and running around a lot

BRILLIANT!

The top 4 will all come knocking on O'Neill's door for him this summer i'm sure :lol:

IMHO every team needs a player similar to this in the Keane, Makalele, Viera mould.

I'm not saying that Stan is at their level, but what I am saying is that he does a lot of the dirty work, tackling, ball retention, organisation, stuff that largely goes unnoticed and largely unappreciated.

I think he has had a good season and therefore think that I would rather let go of Barry and get someone with the same attacking flair but with pace.

It doesn't help Petrov's game that Barry stands level and we have two forwards that refuse to drop back and put themselves in a position to link up. Barry's supposed to be playing a different role to the one in the England team but you could of fooled me. Since we changed from 4-5-1 our central midfield is completely static, we've lost our width and rely on BS long-ball lumps and Ash drawing fouls in free-kick range. I have to blame MON for this...

Personally I think Petrov offers more both offensively and defensively then Barry ever does. Petrov can make the passes, intercept passes, tackle, dribble, shoot. Barry is a luxury player IMO. Good on the ball, smooth passes, inept at tackling, hardly takes a shot, slow movement forward. Simply isn't aggressive enough going forward to hold the role. Good captain, excellent penalty taker, but all in all he won't be the loss some people claim.

Wouldn't work. Barry can't tackle and is quite shit at doing general defensive dirty work. He would be great in a 3 man 4-5-1 midfield, but we won't play that.

Â