Yes or no! Would you be bothered if Barry went?

jackso55

Would you be bothered if Barry went?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be bothered if Barry went?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

Do I think Barry is an excellent player - yes!

Will we miss him - yes for a while!

Is it time for him to go - yes!

Barry has been the key player for Villa for years yet I think its time for a change. MON needs to reshape the side and find a true driving midfield general. Barry can hold the ball and make fantastic passes but I have never thought of him as a match winner - which is what we desperately needed - Bye, Bye GB. Thanks orthe last year despite the fact you would have rather have been at Liverpool.

I think this sums up how I feel at the moment. Great player, and one of the best at Villa, but things have gone a bit stale, and a move would probably be best for both parties.

Ditto. It's a nice summary.

He is a great player who is most effective against lesser teams when he can quietly and effectively hold the ball in midfield and pull the strings. He has great ability in shielding the ball and linking players in.

If he didn't want to go then i'd be delighted if he stayed. But i'd change his role and importance i think, he is a player who can let others shine and not be the star himself.

Sadly if it's Liverpool he goes to I think it could backfire on him. I'm not sure that quietly effective will be appreciated there. I think he could end up back on the left side and I think the issue over his lack of pace will crop up again. In effect he will go backwards 3/4 years in his own development.

We'll at least have the opportunity to shake things up and get someone without the physical limitations.

I cant see him going to Liverpool in the summer to be honest. Alonso is a better player than Barry.Unless Alonso decides to leave why would FSW buy Barry ? Plus, i cant see Barry sitting on the bench as a bit player.Maybe Arsenal ?

He hasn't said he's going or staying yet. So how anyone can claim he wants to go is beyond me

If he does, then we'd better have 15m + to replace him

i cant remember one single player in the history of professional football going into the last year of his contract at a club where he wants to stay, who hasnt come out in the press and said how much he hopes he will get a new deal there as soon as possible because he loves the place and the fans, and how they have stuck by him through think and thin etc etc blah blah....

he might not want to go, but he isnt doing a great deal to give the impression he desperately wants to stay either is he?

i wish we had qualified for the champs league and then sold him this summer anyway to be honest just to prove to him that he cant hold the club to ransom and the decision about whether or not he plays for villa is not his to make.

Clearly Barry is a player out of form and not playing as well as he was in the first half of the season and most fans have written him off as no longer being passionate enough for the club.

But if you look at the bigger picture Barry leaving has a huge influence on the rest of the players and future big signings of the club. If Barry leaves and we dont finish in the top four or win a trophy next season then i can see A. Young demanding to leave, and any top talent is going to have doubts over signing for us as they see are best player leaving because he dosent think we are good enough.

Clearly Barry is a player out of form and not playing as well as he was in the first half of the season and most fans have written him off as no longer being passionate enough for the club.

so he's exactly like the rest of the team then

i haven't met a single supporter at a game who's written Barry off at all. most [edit - cut it out] supporters can see full well he's the player we desperately need to keep if anything

As soon as he goes the better for me.

In all honesty I do put a lot of the blame on our poor form on his shoulders. For me as soon as it seemed apparent that getting fourth was going to be tough he switched off and started dreaming of Stevie G. From that point he should have been dropped, but I guess the manager hoped that Barry's professionalism (if it exists) would return.

Ok, if alot of blame for our poor form is down to Barry.

How does his sole poor form effect our whole defence not being able to defend?

....and if it alot of the blame is Barrys, who decides to play him?

When we dont have Barry next season and MON's hasn't replaced him i bet people will blame our lack of a decent midfielder or doing well on Barry for leaving as well! :lol:

When we dont have Barry next season and MON's hasn't replaced him i bet people will blame our lack of a decent midfielder or doing well on Barry for leaving as well! :lol:

Do you think so? I'd be amazed personally seeing as how the knives are out for the manager at the moment I would think that would be intensified wouldn't you?

Could you explain to me how a lot of blame can be at Barrys feet for our current poor form?

Does he play in defence where most of our current problems lye?

Is he telling the defenders not to defend or something :lol:

Could you explain to me how a lot of blame can be at Barrys feet for our current poor form?

Hes a massive contributing factor in the poor form, the team is set to fit around him which is impeding on others abilitys.

The difference with Barry is hes not going to get better because he is not interested in playing for the Villa, time to offload.

I've said it before but i won't mind, i hope he goes early in the summer so it doesn't drag on. We need a different player than barry to partner petrov and i think that will help us alot. We need someone whose alot better going forward and i believe we will be able to bring in someone very decent to fill the void left by barry.

IMO i really don't think we will miss him that much next year.

Â