Yes or no! Would you be bothered if Barry went?

jackso55

Would you be bothered if Barry went?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be bothered if Barry went?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

He'd look great in a better side (i.e. England), but he's too much of a luxury player for us, we need someone with an engine in there who's going to get stuck in and cover some grass.

I said no before and it's even more of a no after today. He doesn't look interested and he's too slow to get forward or get back. He rarely scores from open play and he offers no protection to the back four. I said we should have snapped Liverpool's hands off last summer.

It's easy saying that now though isn't it, following a poor performance from the team, not just Barry, the team.

Although I wasn't happy with his behaviour in the summer and his attempts to engineer a move to Liverpool, I think O'Neill did the right thing in reinstating him to the side, because he's one of, if not the, best player we've got. He may lack pace, but he makes up for it in another areas and if he does leave in the summer, we'll be a worse side for it and we'll struggle to replace him.

Maybe going back to 4-5-1 for the remainder of the season seeing as our defence is struggling and Gabby isn't scoring, add Sidwell in the middle. Protection for the back four and a bit more mobility.

I said no before and it's even more of a no after today. He doesn't look interested and he's too slow to get forward or get back. He rarely scores from open play and he offers no protection to the back four. I said we should have snapped Liverpool's hands off last summer.

It's easy saying that now though isn't it, following a poor performance from the team, not just Barry, the team.

Although I wasn't happy with his behaviour in the summer and his attempts to engineer a move to Liverpool, I think O'Neill did the right thing in reinstating him to the side, because he's one of, if not the, best player we've got. He may lack pace, but he makes up for it in another areas and if he does leave in the summer, we'll be a worse side for it and we'll struggle to replace him.

Read my post, i said i said it at the time and i said 'no' before today's game, i'm not just saying it after today.

If we replace him with a younger player with quality, who can actually run, scores a few goals and has the energy to get up and down we will be a better side. What does Barry actually do? He's a good passer of the ball thats about it.

Why the hell does MON insist on playing the same midfield when even we can see it doesn't pissing work. I want MON to stay but **** me he has to open his eyes or get new glasses. Barry needs to go, he wants to go and we need to move on.

Read my post, i said i said it at the time and i said 'no' before today's game, i'm not just saying it after today.

If we replace him with a younger player with quality, who can actually run, scores a few goals and has the energy to get up and down we will be a better side. What does Barry actually do? He's a good passer of the ball thats about it.

Fair enough, you've been of the same opinion RE Barry since the summer and your post was not based on today, fair enough.

But for the vast majority of the season, he's been in very good form in my opinion.

Name someone better that will come to Villa Park and that we can afford?

Fair enough, you've been of the same opinion RE Barry since the summer and your post was not based on today, fair enough.

But for the vast majority of the season, he's been in very good form in my opinion.

Someone like Diego, Moutinho, Defour, they're not in the same role as Barry but i think we need someone different to him. Like i said we need someone with energy, pace, scores goals and has a bit of creativity about them. Obviously a player like that might be hard to get but i've no doubt there has to be someone out there who would come and is affordable, whether our scouts spot them or whether O'Neill goes for them is another matter.

My stance is still the same after today, with every game my decision becomes easier and easier.

ALot of people around me today shouting for him to be taken off, couldnt have agreed more.

Someone like Diego, Moutinho, Defour, they're not in the same role as Barry but i think we need someone different to him. Like i said we need someone with energy, pace, scores goals and has a bit of creativity about them. Obviously a player like that might be hard to get but i've no doubt there has to be someone out there who would come and is affordable, whether our scouts spot them or whether O'Neill goes for them is another matter.

See the size of the job O'Neill has on his hands, fans like you expecting us to sign players like Diego, and when he doesn't you're disappointed. We wouldn't stand a chance of signing players like him, europes best don't look beyond the top four when they want to join an English club. O'Neill really becoming a victim of the success he's had since he joined, expectation has gone through the roof and he's struggling to keep up!

How do you know this Steven Defour is any good? You seen him play? or you basing your opinion on the fact he carries a large price tag?

He gets his scouts out to scour europe and find a potential gem or someone we've never heard of that could come good just not had the chance to shine at the highest level, you'd moan because he wasn't a big name, wouldn't you?

I suggest O'Neill goes back to 4-5-1 for the remainder of the season, drop Gabby because he's in shit form, and add Sidwell to the midfield, more mobility, someone thats going to get tackles in. Either Sidwell or Reo-Coker.

It depends..

I wouldn't want to see him back at VP for another team. Lets put it that way. It might help us move on and get a better and more balanced team though.

Barry remains with us, signs new deal and agrees to see out career with us.

We stick with 4-4-2, sign this Steven Defour, turns out to the bollocks, but to accommodate him we need to drop Barry or Petrov? Who's it to be?

I think the above is quite probable, and given the choice, i'd rather keep Barry in the middle. Better than Petrov in my opinion.

I'd rather him gone now. I think what happened last summer has hung over the club all season, evidently more noticable now, as we're doing shit.

The effort is gone now, he clearly doesn't want to be here anymore and i think it could be a blessing in disguise if he went.

After what happened in the summer, giving him the captaincy was beyond comprehension for me, if only for the fact that he's a shit captain.

His ego, and MON's inability to deal with it, is now pissing other team members off (as seen with Shorey's reaction today) and ultimately affecting team morale.

The club wouldn't survive if Barry left.

Yes I suspect they would shut up shop and put the closed signs up at Villa. Or perhaps life would just carry on and the club would move on just as it has done so many times in the past when players better than Barry have been sold such as Platt and Yorke.

:D sorry I was joking.

Fair enough, hard to tell on here these days. :D

Joking is probably the only way to keep your sanity these days. It sure beats whatever flavor of -cide one prefers.

Do I think Barry is an excellent player - yes!

Will we miss him - yes for a while!

Is it time for him to go - yes!

Barry has been the key player for Villa for years yet I think its time for a change. MON needs to reshape the side and find a true driving midfield general. Barry can hold the ball and make fantastic passes but I have never thought of him as a match winner - which is what we desperately needed - Bye, Bye GB. Thanks orthe last year despite the fact you would have rather have been at Liverpool.

Do I think Barry is an excellent player - yes!

Will we miss him - yes for a while!

Is it time for him to go - yes!

Barry has been the key player for Villa for years yet I think its time for a change. MON needs to reshape the side and find a true driving midfield general. Barry can hold the ball and make fantastic passes but I have never thought of him as a match winner - which is what we desperately needed - Bye, Bye GB. Thanks orthe last year despite the fact you would have rather have been at Liverpool.

I think this sums up how I feel at the moment. Great player, and one of the best at Villa, but things have gone a bit stale, and a move would probably be best for both parties.

Barry going could change the whole dynamic of how we play. So for me I hope he goes. I hate the fact that everything seems to evolve around this one player.

Indeed, this is just how I feel, I dont think his game even suits the rest of the team when hes performing his best. I think we need petrov and somebody else with a bit more dynamic, flare and pace.

Plus this is the only way that Martin will drop Barry, so for me it will be a blessing in disguise.

Barry went missing last night when the heat was on and Murphy killed him.When things are all well Barry looks good ,but when there not he goes missing in his shell and fades out bigtime.Barry is no playmaker and for me we can cover his loss andwhy force a player that is not happy to stay.

I'll be absolutely gutted to

He's head and shoulders our best player. Sadly some supporters seem to be having a mental breakdown this year and are thinking suddenley that Petrov is the new saviour with his crab like graft and no assists

You have to laugh

There's a reason our captain is England's choice in the middle and wanted by at least 1 of the top 4. Its because he's a class above everyone else we have, and they all know it.

As always, we have some supporters who can never see what they have under their own noses.

I'll be absolutely gutted to

He's head and shoulders our best player. Sadly some supporters seem to be having a mental breakdown this year and are thinking suddenley that Petrov is the new saviour with his crab like graft and no assists

You have to laugh

There's a reason our captain is England's choice in the middle and wanted by at least 1 of the top 4. Its because he's a class above everyone else we have, and they all know it.

As always, we have some supporters who can never see what they have under their own noses.

Very few fans disagree with you but its Barry that wants out. He wants a change and I see nothing wrong with fans agreeing that a change might be for Villa as well. As someone else has said I think he should never have been made captain again and sent all the wrong messages to the rest of the squad.

His class cannot be denied but he wants to leave so AVFC should let him go to the highest bidder - then we can get on with rebuilding.

Â