Yes or no! Would you be bothered if Barry went?

jackso55

Would you be bothered if Barry went?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be bothered if Barry went?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

Sorry if it has already been done, but mods could you put a poll on weather fans really would be bothered to see Barry leave?? Yes or no or dont know?

It would just be interesting to see what the results would be based on the fans reaction to him possibly leaving last season.

no not now,i really think we can get better now..i wont wish him all the best,because i **** cant stand liverpoo..but i do think he deserves Champions league football,its just a pitty he didnt get it here..

nope....

have said it since last summer that he could be easily replaced by anyone with a bit of composure, and neat sideways passing...

add some creativity and a bit of pace to the above, and we have improved on him...

if we got anything over 8 mil for him, with a year left on his contract, then we will have mugged whoever is stupid enough to pay it...

Yes. He's a top quality player and one O'Neill's going to struggle to replace should he leave. I wasn't pleased with his behaviour in the summer, trying to engineer himself a move away, but he's got his head down since and he's been in top form this season. Kept his word, said he stay to the end of the campaign to see if we made the cut for the CL, but we've missed out. He's given us every opportunity to keep hold of him, but who knows whether we''ll have takers in the summer. Hopefully not.

Not so much. It really depends on whether MON gets a quality replacement as to just how much I'd miss him. I certainly wouldn't hold grudge against him. He deserves his shot at Chumps League.

The club wouldn't survive if Barry left.

Yes I suspect they would shut up shop and put the closed signs up at Villa. Or perhaps life would just carry on and the club would move on just as it has done so many times in the past when players better than Barry have been sold such as Platt and Yorke.

Yes I suspect they would shut up shop and put the closed signs up at Villa. Or perhaps life would just carry on and the club would move on just as it has done so many times in the past when players better than Barry have been sold such as Platt and Yorke.

I don't think he was being 100% serious ;-)

:D sorry I was joking.

:D sorry I was joking.

Fair enough, hard to tell on here these days. :D

I think our midfield needs to change next year, Barry and Petrov in the middle just doesn't work so if he is well replaced I won't mind him leaving at all. I still think he'd be foolish to leave, I think Aston Villa and Gareth Barry are at a similar level at the moment and I believe a move to the top 4 won't necessarily be good for GB's career.

It's all about the replacement though for us, innit?

I'm sure the club would carry on perfectly without Barry. Having said that, yes I would be mightily pissed off if he left. Still, if he insists...

Do not see the point of trying to keep a player that want's away, we have lost better player's than him in the past, mainly dwight yorke. The villa are bigger than any player or manager and we will find a different way of doing thing's .

100% yes for 2 reasons

1. he is a class act...when he is on song we are a terrific team...his passing, vision and reading of the play is brilliant...only petrov comes close to this

2. i dont trust martin one jot to actually replace him properly

if he goes im sure next season we are gonna be talking about how much it has affected us

i hope he stays

He's a good player, undoubtedly. But I've said it many times now, I think we could almost benefit from not having him here. He limits the way the team plays because he's too good not to play but he's not a player that'll do what the really top class CMs in this league will do, Gerrard, Lampard, etc etc. He's not that big of a goal threat, he's capable of playing good cutting balls but almost never does. He's not defensive enough to tackle and go to be an out and out DM, he needs someone next to him doing some of that work. He's got a great pass and can link up fairly well with everyone else in the team. He's the kind of player that with a bloke next to him doing alot of the donkey work, and a guy just in front of him who can score a few he could link with would thrive. He's just awkward to really get the best out of imo.

But because he's good enough, you've got to play him and it limits the way you have to play. I can't help thinking that if he left, yes we'd lose a very good player, but we'd not feel that need to have to play this way. Petrov can do everything Barry can I reckon, and if we had someone else in the centre that knew how to go forward and score a few and link up with the front men, we'd be a completely different prospect. Barry doesn't play that way (arguably I'd say can't, not fast enough or tricky enough and his shot's not good enough), so we get left with Barry spraying a few balls round, inevitably to Ashley Young, and not really achieving a whole lot with nothing coming from the CM to threaten goal.

Â