The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

May well have my FNM ticket by tomorrow. Anybody with any very good tips for parking by Hammersmith Apollo and not getting broken into.. inbox a little message or I'll try to keep track of this thread :)

Park over H'smith bridge in the side streets of Castelnau. Five minute walk and totally safe. I've parked there dozens of times and never had a problem.

Thanks!

Same location, secure parking under the Hammersmith Novotel.

£3.50 an hour so not cheap, but secure and bang on the route back out of London. There's a little man in a hut looks after it for you.

I went to see a free gig over in Orlando for the 'Summer Concert Series. ZZ Top and 3 Doors Down played. Not really a huge fan of either, yet it was worth seeing for free. Plus it was pretty cool as it was inside Universal Studios on a stage infront of a rollercoaster. Nice experience overall.

Gojira at the O2 Academy tomorrow. New stuff is mega, can't wait.

Haven't listened to the new one yet, the reviews i've read so far have been positive though. Is it as good as The Way of all Flesh?

Jon Otway is something of an oddball, but like Viv Stanshall was, is a proper English eccentric and capable of brilliance beyond the norm.

Oh and someone wrote this on that youtube link - John Otway fans are born, we are not manufactured. We do not choose, we are chosen. Those that don't understand, don't matter and those who understand need no explanation. Not an original thought, but it's true.

Gojira at the O2 Academy tomorrow. New stuff is mega, can't wait.

Haven't listened to the new one yet, the reviews i've read so far have been positive though. Is it as good as The Way of all Flesh?

I think so, yes. Bought the new CD at the gig and listened to it on the way home, plus I'd heard some stuff on YT and FB. Worth a go I'd say.

Awesome gig BTW. 8)

I've watched a few videos from their recent sets yeah, think they sound great. Although, must admit I'm a bit disappointed seeing as they said in their press conference just after they reformed that Heaton Park would be the first gigs and they've gone out and done all these. I'd like to think that they're saving their best for this weekend though!

Turns out Choking Victim aka. Chewing on Tinfoil w/ The Stza are topping the bill at a ska/punk all dayer in Nottingham at the end of July - ticket booked last night. **** a.

I've watched a few videos from their recent sets yeah, think they sound great. Although, must admit I'm a bit disappointed seeing as they said in their press conference just after they reformed that Heaton Park would be the first gigs and they've gone out and done all these. I'd like to think that they're saving their best for this weekend though!

Nah, i'm glad they played these warm up gigs. To go from nothing in 20 years as a foursome to playing to 75,000 three nights in a row could have been disastrous!

I'm going on the Saturday night, cannot wait!!

Patterson hood is playing london in november, I'd love to go and see him but there is only one person I know who really likes his stuff and she has got a baby and shit so travelling to London probably wouldn't be great.

Couple of me mates would probably be up for it but I know they dont really care for his music

Hhhhmmmm what to do

Patterson hood is playing london in november, I'd love to go and see him but there is only one person I know who really likes his stuff and she has got a baby and shit so travelling to London probably wouldn't be great.

Couple of me mates would probably be up for it but I know they dont really care for his music

Hhhhmmmm what to do

hmmm, go on your own?

It can work. Many many years ago I couldn't find anyone to come and watch Dr Feelgood.

Went on my own, in my bestest sharpest suit. Every other bugger there except the band were hells angels types.

So I stood out a bit.

So I ended up playing air guitar with Lee B's arm over my shoulder whilst all the heavies watched. Perhaps that should be in the Highlight of your life thread?

Â