The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Going back to this, just found out that cocaine addled Mac can no longer hit the high notes and there’s a female backstage that sings them for him.

We’re trying to blag the guest list and Will says”I don’t want anyone to see us” … make of that what you want

Doesn’t bode well ….. Oh well there’s always alcohol to make it sound better 

£70.60 for the cheapest tickets to see Tool in May 😬

I mean, I still bought them because it's Tool, but bloody hell. I'm sure I only paid about £50 odd to see them last year and we had seats near the front. £70 this time to sit right at back!

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

£70.60 for the cheapest tickets to see Tool in May 😬

I mean, I still bought them because it's Tool, but bloody hell. I'm sure I only paid about £50 odd to see them last year and we had seats near the front. £70 this time to sit right at back!

Where did you buy them from , are you a member of some sort of something ? I’m going to try Friday once general sale arrives.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

50 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Where did you buy them from , are you a member of some sort of something ? I’m going to try Friday once general sale arrives.

Got them on o2 priority mate (one of the only things that keeps me with o2, to be honest!)

1 minute ago, JoshVilla said:

Got them on o2 priority mate (one of the only things that keeps me with o2, to be honest!)

Yeah just on there now. I forgot my wife had o2 priority so just searching on where to sit. Two of us going so double bubble .

I don't mind a bit of tool, but have absolutely no interest in an all-seated rock gig, it's ridiculous. Think I'm one of the rowdy oiks they're trying to keep out :) 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't mind a bit of tool, but have absolutely no interest in an all-seated rock gig, it's ridiculous. Think I'm one of the rowdy oiks they're trying to keep out :) 

Yeah it’s all seated, do they do that for all shows at arenas now? 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah it’s all seated, do they do that for all shows at arenas now? 

It's a Tool thing, they've done it for years, every other gig I've been to at the same venues has standing on the floor, but the band don't like it. Bunch of **** squares :) 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's a Tool thing, they've done it for years, every other gig I've been to at the same venues has standing on the floor, but the band don't like it. Bunch of **** squares :) 

Maybe they want a bit of decorum at their gigs 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Queens of the Stone Age at the O2 last night.

Don’t actually own any of their music but i saw them at a festival in Madrid a few years back and they put in a decent show so was more than happy to see them again

they didn’t disappoint,  we were standing about 30 rows  from  the front and soon as the first song started there was just a surge and before I knew it I was about 4 rows from the front being bounced around inside a mosh pit of hard core fans … didn’t stay in it long there’s only so many hairy topless men bouncing into me on a school night i can take , but will definitely see them again , with alcohol so I can enjoy the mosh pit and not feel my 53 years !!

Ears are still ringing , one of the loudest gigs I’ve been too in a while … 

I'm going to the NEC on Sunday - saw them a few years ago at the NIA but they have stepped up a few levels since then - Glastonbury performance was tremendous

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Queens of the Stone Age at the O2 last night.

Don’t actually own any of their music but i saw them at a festival in Madrid a few years back and they put in a decent show so was more than happy to see them again

they didn’t disappoint,  we were standing about 30 rows  from  the front and soon as the first song started there was just a surge and before I knew it I was about 4 rows from the front being bounced around inside a mosh pit of hard core fans … didn’t stay in it long there’s only so many hairy topless men bouncing into me on a school night i can take , but will definitely see them again , with alcohol so I can enjoy the mosh pit and not feel my 53 years !!

Ears are still ringing , one of the loudest gigs I’ve been too in a while … 

seeing them in bournemouth tonight. they played a small venue here around 10 years ago (2k capacity) so it will do well to top that

• Like 1

I went to a gig in Komedia, Bath once. The band had requested seats and so the venue was decked out with stacking chairs.

No, the band had requested seats, for the band. We all had to work as a team and stack all the seats to the side before they started. Saving five to pass up to the stage, for the band.

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m off to see Billy Bragg on Friday. Not completely up to date with Billy, will it be entirely ‘new’ stuff or will he give us the ‘classics’?

40 years tour, will be mainly hits. 

A quick check and it's mainly the material up to William Bloke with a smattering of post William Bloke through the set.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m off to see Billy Bragg on Friday. Not completely up to date with Billy, will it be entirely ‘new’ stuff or will he give us the ‘classics’?

Setlist is up here, only one song off the latest album, thought there might be a couple more than that

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/billy-bragg/2023/cambridge-corn-exchange-cambridge-england-4ba1337a.html

Edit: 2 actually, didn't recognise mid-century modern

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Magic, cheers. Weirdly, it’ll be the 4th time I’ve seen him live but that includes the in/famous RedWedge tour and as part of a Woodie Guthrie tribute night and an awful night in a comedy club down Cardiff Bay where he announced it was great to be back in England.

Â