The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just back from Man of Steel

Very Meh tbh , too much cgi and couldn't really get in to it

Appreciate as an origins film they had lots of story to fill in just mot enough was happening and when it did the 3D and the cgi ruined it..

also think after Zod , Lex Luther is going be somewhat pants as a villain by comparison

• Like 1

watched Galaxy Quest for the first time in a while last night. Such a wonderful pick me up film, fantastically silly. 

Yeah enjoyed that film. Was genuinely funny and incredibly silly. 

no hes robert downey jr :D .............hes too smug IMO 

Iron Man is smug, and a wisecracking arse. That's why Downey nails it.

I actually do agree that RDJ nails it.

It would just be infinitely better if those wisecracks were actually funny.

As it stands it's like a Jimmy Carr standup.

Dozens of one liners, the majority of which make me cringe.

Posters of a certain age may remember a great animated series called Battle of the Planets (originally called Science Ninja Team Gatchaman in Japan)

Well, much to my delight there is a live action movie coming out later this year and here is the trailer.

G-Force indeed!  B)

http://youtu.be/uLDEJvOF7mg

• Like 3

Before Midnight. Their chemistry takes you along for the ride and makes things so comfortable, and at times uncomfortable, to watch. For me, everything always feels so genuine and...oh I don't want to give anything away so...

The feeling of uncertainty carries on until completion of

this wonderful trilogy.

The whole premise could have been a bit grating with other people behind and in front of the camera but with these people, for me, it was great.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

I wanted to see World War Zee but the reviews are less than complimentary.  :unsure:

Its better than Prometheus if thats any help...

I really liked Prometheus although I watched it for the third time recently and it does get worse with each viewing. 

Watched Man of Steel. 3/4 of a good film, the final 1/4 was just layer upon layer of ridiculousness, but I suppose that is par for the course with Superman.

Better than I thought, however, as there was definitely a stronger sci-fi element to this take than on previous. I preferred it.

There is also a shot toward the end when the Jesus imagery basically smacks you in the face, and I didn't care for that. But, again, that is in the final daft part of the film.

Zod was good though. I like Michael Shannon. Problem is, where do you go from Zod?

Watched Man of Steel. 3/4 of a good film, the final 1/4 was just layer upon layer of ridiculousness, but I suppose that is par for the course with Superman.

Better than I thought, however, as there was definitely a stronger sci-fi element to this take than on previous. I preferred it.

There is also a shot toward the end when the Jesus imagery basically smacks you in the face, and I didn't care for that. But, again, that is in the final daft part of the film.

Zod was good though. I like Michael Shannon. Problem is, where do you go from Zod?

you cannot beat this ZOD 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiq5tnzmLBM

Edited by Meath_Villan

Â