The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

watched Crazy,Stupid Love the other night with the fiance...

was really enjoying it until Gosling took his top off and my penis shrunk to the size of an acorn...

im not normally an insecure bloke but needless to say Virgin Gyms will be getting a telephone call from me very soon...

on a more serious note the film was great in an easy to watch kinda way...

a really good blend of great acting, comedic timing and emotional wallop...

if you've got a spare couple of hours give it a watch

was really enjoying it until Gosling took his top off and my penis shrunk to the size of an acorn...

im not normally an insecure bloke but needless to say Virgin Gyms will be getting a telephone call from me very soon...

totally agree about this film - really enjoyed it too! Definately one to watch with the missus!

'Hulk... Smash!'.

New Avengers TV spot, few new bits and bobs in the 30 secs, not sure about 'Smash' bit, I hope it's been cut a little.

The latest TV spots and clips released have really played up a more light hearted comedy edge, which makes me wonder quite what the tone of this is going be. I don't mind a few jokes (Thor, for example, can be genuinely watched as a run of the mill comedy imo and that doesn't really harm it) but playing it too much is not going to be good.

I think its impossible to play it totally straight, and I don't think I'd want that, either.

It's just that the recent spate of TV spots and clips released (I think theres been about 5 in the past fortnight, at least) seem to be pushing the comedy line a little more than I'd like. The Black Widow fight I linked earlier on is, at times, played like a comedy sketch, and not a particularly good one...

Niggles, all the same.

Less than 3 weeks to release now. Cannot wait! Considering IMAX-ing it.

Oh yes, this one surely has to be seen in the IMAX. Shame they are only showing it in 3D at the IMAX but I'll make do and see it again in 2D. Booked my ticket for two weeks on Thursday.

Just picking up this..

also rewatched thor, i like it, threw up some questions that i dont expect to be answered in the avengers, such as how they both get back and what they are doing with natalie portman who afaik isnt in avengers at all although the male scientist is, i know they ahve announced thor 2 too but IMO it hasnt got the legs

I'm certain that both Loki and Thor's reappearance will be explained. A lot of talk has been that the shot from the trailers that has Thor riding on top of a jet in a storm is his 'reappearance' on Earth. I would not be surprised if they use the method Loki references in Thor, about the bifrost not being the only way into and out of Asgard, for Thor's reappearance.

As for Loki's getting to Earth... no idea. But his character is a trickster and one of the more powerful in the Marvel canon, so they'll have something worked out that ties into that. I can say that his reappearance on Earth in the film happens in Germany, at a concert - he appears in full regalia and forces the audience to bow before him.

Portman is not appearing (sadly, drool), true, but they were conscious to that and have referenced her character and her relationship with Thor in the film, they've said they going to 'have a moment' to it, where they'll explain quite why Thor isn't/can't go to Jane right now.

I'm also unsure Thor has the legs for a franchise. If it did, it'd be a very different beast to the Iron Man franchise though (third already on the way, incidentally), perhaps it'd be interesting.

totally agree about this film - really enjoyed it too! Definately one to watch with the missus!

Watched it the other night for the second time - I think it's the closest thing in recent years to a proper, Molière-esque comedy.

Watched it the other night for the second time - I think it's the closest thing in recent years to a proper, Molière-esque comedy.

It is an excellent film. Although my enjoyment of watching it was somewhat tempered when during the opening dinner scene where his wife states she wants a divorce my wife perked up and said "ahhh this is apt" :shock:

Watched 'We need to talk about Kevin' last night and like others have commented its a harsh film but a very good one and well told.

Watched Real Steel yesterday, it was pretty good.Criminally under advertised when it came out. Sure it should have been a much bigger hit, sure kids would go mad for the fighting robots.

Â