The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

good weekend for films -

pirates in an adventure with scientists

wrath of the titans

headhunter

doesnt look like brum cineworld is showing headhunter because of the number of 3D films clogging up the screens ( :angry: ) but its getting really good reviews

Loved the Headhunters book - cracking read!!!!

There is a scene in Pulp Fiction in which Travolta asks Jackson what he thinks they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France (they don't call it a quarter pounder on account of the metric system), and then tells him the correct answer.

"A Royale with cheese"

That's really all there is to the joke. The France bit and the cheese bit isn't releveant. It's just playing on the Royale

It's not funny if you have to explain it :D

Oh, and watch Pulp Fiction for goodness sake, it's absolutely brilliant.

I've seen Pulp Fiction, but it was a long time ago, and I'd forgotten that scene.

But the joke is hardly side-splitting.

Wrath of the Titans? Is it anything like Immortals? Because if it is, no way I'm going to watch it, Immortals was a real pain to watch.

Seen the Clash of the Titans remake? It's that, again. But a teensy bit better.

Just finsihed watching Inception.

**** me what a boring 'nothing' film, took me three installments to watch it and each time I was like this.....

19.gif

Gonna watch the true grit remake tonight, fingers crossed its better.

Just finsihed watching Inception.

**** me what a boring 'nothing' film, took me three installments to watch it and each time I was like this.....

19.gif

Gonna watch the true grit remake tonight, fingers crossed its better.

I also recommend Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy it cured my insomnia

i watched wrath of the titans, i thinks its worse than clash, it was a bit of a mess, ares didnt really work IMO at times it felt like they knew they didnt have a strong story but no one would notice if they filled the time with action

I went to see 'Pirates: Band of Misfits' earlier and really enjoyed it. Aardman really are a talented bunch. It's just great soaking in every scene and admiring all the work that obviously went into making the film. Then there's the fact that it's actually really entertaining. Much better than the recent 'Tintin' film and it probably cost a fraction...

I went to see 'Pirates: Band of Misfits' earlier and really enjoyed it. Aardman really are a talented bunch. It's just great soaking in every scene and admiring all the work that obviously went into making the film. Then there's the fact that it's actually really entertaining. Much better than the recent 'Tintin' film and it probably cost a fraction...

Whilst I disagree with you on Tin Tin , I do agree with you on Pirates

Took the Kids to see it yesterday , so much going on in the background on each scene that quite a few jokes will have been missed ... But kids enjoyed it and so did I ... It seems the secret to making one not want to smack Hugh Grant in the face with a kipper is to have him not physically appear on the screen

Agree, this was the most boring film I have seen in a long time

:nod:

Would have walked out if I didn't think the person I was with was enjoying it.

Turns out they weren't and they were thinking exactly the same thing.

Agree, this was the most boring film I have seen in a long time

:nod:

Would have walked out if I didn't think the person I was with was enjoying it.

Turns out they weren't and they were thinking exactly the same thing.

:P Glad I'm not alone.

Â