The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Talihina sky

it's a kings of Leon doc I'm one of those who was a fan then wasn't and is now on the fence but it was a good film, showed them going home for a family party with then clips of their career, edited very well, seems very honest the scenes with the family are good, the main interest of the film is the rock n roll lifestyle vs their ridiculously religious upbringing told through family members who are great characters

The thing about Nic Roeg though, is that once you've seen those three (Walkabout, Performance and Don't Look Now), that's about it. The rest of his career is mainly undistinguished dross like "Young Indiana Jones" and the like.

The thing about Nic Roeg though, is that once you've seen those three (Walkabout, Performance and Don't Look Now), that's about it. The rest of his career is mainly undistinguished dross like "Young Indiana Jones" and the like.

Very much agree, but as far as 'purple patches' go he didn't have a bad one.

Of course he also made The Man Who Fell to Earth. Now there's a real Marmite movie. Some people I know (whose opinion on movies I respect alot) absolutely love that film, I found it really average and I love Bowie.

MV5BMjE2NTUxNTE3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTczMTg5._V1._SY317_.jpg

11:40 BBC1 tonight (Sunday 26/06/11) is The Quiet American. A beautiful film that captures the atmosphere of the book perfectly.

Trailer here

Not normally a fan of Michael Caine to say the least, but in this he is superb, from his opening voiceover right through to the end of the film.

Went to see bad teachers, worst film I've seen in a while

I can't think of one of these films that actually work, films where the main character is a clearing in the woods but you're somehow expected to like them, it's not funny ridiculously easy to see the ending and Diaz IMO looks awful for most the film

I can't think of one of these films that actually work, films where the main character is a clearing in the woods but you're somehow expected to like them, it's not funny ridiculously easy to see the ending and Diaz IMO looks awful for most the film

I read a review of this and it said that cameron diaz was attrocious

they said the saving grace of the film was justin timberlake which is saying something about the film.

oh yeah i'm after a bit of help if possible please

I have got a copy of senna but the subtitle file that I have puts portugese subs up when they are speaking in portugese (what the point in that is I have no idea)

any way I have had a look online but couldn't find the english subs

I have the 1hr 45 minute version of it

can anyone put a link up or point me in the rite direction

cheers

Cheers for that.

I saw the trailer and actually thought it looked pretty funny, so was half considering going to see it.

You've probably saved me from a wasted evening :thumb:

I read a review of this and it said that cameron diaz was attrocious

they said the saving grace of the film was justin timberlake which is saying something about the film.

Timberlake is actually not a bad actor from what ive seen of him.

I thought Alpha Dog was a very good movie.

alpha dog was a surprisingly good movie, a bit cheesy in places but timberlake really shines in it, and the young kid is him that plays the russian in star trek / kyle reese in terminator salvation

timberlake also wasnt bad in social network, to be fair to him he plays a rubbish quirky character in bad teacher

what i did see a trailer for which looked very good was horrible bosses, said coming soon on it so not a clue when its out but it looked very funny

Watched 'The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou' last night, very enjoyable.

Wes Anderson doesn't make bad movies.

I loved the Bond Company stooge, I'm a real person you know. Haha

The Bowie in portuguese soundtrack is excellent.

I've never laughed so much at Willem Defoe. The horror on Klaus' face after Ned slaps him had me in stitches; "But... you already warned me, you stood up for yourself!" :lol:

Might give The Royal Tenanbaums a pop next, then.

The Royal Tenanbaums is his best one. It's one of the best Comedies ever. Stellar cast too.

Tenanbaums is superb but my favourite is Darjeeling Limited, I think that movie is close to perfection.

And of course if you watch the short prologue movie Hotel Chevalier before it, you get to see Natalie Portman in the buff. Which is nice.

Â