The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

What's (genuinely) worth going to in the cinema as of today? I fancy a trip this evening and the missus has flat out said no to Insidious :(

I think the Cinema on the Isle of Wight is about to show a film called 'Star Wars'

attack the block, thor, 13 assasins, hanna

its actually a decent time to go to the cinema, even shite like fast 5 you have to assume took a good amount of money from the chavs, ive just started another cineworld unlimited card, will be a summer full of films that i dont think will be up to much but i'll still have to see like captain america, x men, pirates, transformers etc etc

:lol: Cheers; 'Fast Five' was never an option :D Hanna looks good alright. Thor has a surprisingly high 7.6 rating on IMDb.

:lol: Cheers; 'Fast Five' was never an option :D Hanna looks good alright. Thor has a surprisingly high 7.6 rating on IMDb.

Attack the Block is the best thing currently out imo.

That and Submarine and have been the best films for me so far this year.

Watched Fire In Babylon tonight, a documentary film about the West Indies Cricket team of the 70s & 80s. Well worth a watch, even if you're not a cricket fan.

The Shawshank Redemption is very average. Certainly not a masterpiece.

disgrace of a comment. ive watched that film an unlimited amount of times and its still brilliant to watch!

best film ever made. simples.

You need to stop re-watching that and watch some more films then ;)

Good film, but no masterpiece :D

I have read to many sports players interviewed say that this is favourite movie and that they don't have a favourite book because they don't read much.

I wonder what the majority of Shawshank fans think of THX-1138?

Never seen Tigerland. Somebody give me a brief summary (perhaps compared with other Vietnam movies like Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, etc.)

tigerland is a great film IMO, will always lazily be tagged as the film that launched farrell but its much more than that, cant remember exactly what happens but its a training camp film, farrell plays a soldier who strongly opposes the war iirc

Â