The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched insidius last night

love the horror genre enjoyed the film

thought it was done pretty well, had a real old school feel about it (very much like amytivill horror)

it really lost its way in the last half hour though when it went all nightmare on elm streetish, it was like two completely different film styles that wasn't so much merged into one just more like....stuck either side of each other

if that makes sence

basicly I dont think they needed to add all the CGI rubbish at the end

I watched this at the weekend too, and loved it.

The twist of emphasis half way through is what made the film for me. I thought it was going to be another typical hollywood cash cow horror, trying to combine Amityville and Paranormal Activity, but thought it ended up quite unique.

Its been a while since ive been to a cinema where the whole room gets into the film as much as this, which helped add to the atmosphere.

Is that the one with Billy Elliot in it?

I thought that looked flippin' awful to be honest.

Yeah thats the one. The film is like a cross between Gladiator and 300. Anybody remotely interested in those sort of films will enjoy this.

thought it was done pretty well, had a real old school feel about it (very much like amytivill horror)

it really lost its way in the last half hour though when it went all nightmare on elm streetish, it was like two completely different film styles that wasn't so much merged into one just more like....stuck either side of each other

if that makes sence

The twist of emphasis half way through is what made the film for me. I thought it was going to be another typical hollywood cash cow horror, trying to combine Amityville and Paranormal Activity, but thought it ended up quite unique.

Its been a while since ive been to a cinema where the whole room gets into the film as much as this, which helped add to the atmosphere.

dont get me wrong I thought it was good and did enjoy it I thought it was the best new horror for quite some time

it was just the way that it jumped from 1 style to a completely other, the only thing that really annoyed me and nearly every film these days feel the need to do it and that is to cram loads of CGI in when its not needed

if that makes sence

dont get me wrong I thought it was good and did enjoy it I thought it was the best new horror for quite some time

it was just the way that it jumped from 1 style to a completely other, the only thing that really annoyed me and nearly every film these days feel the need to do it and that is to cram loads of CGI in when its not needed

Oh I agree about the overuse of CGI, generally a real film ruiner.

However it would be hard to portray some of the aspects of this film without it, and I think a lot of it was really cleverly done; I dont think it was overused either.

if that makes sence

However it would be hard to portray some of the aspects of this film without it, and I think a lot of it was really cleverly done; I dont think it was overused either.

I just thought that the star wars style sith demon was a lot more earie when you just caught glimpses of him but when he went all CGI and started running along wallks and stuff like that it kind of ruined him

if that makes sence

^^^ Agree with all these comments. Brought me back to some of the classic 80's Horrors when they were being churned out. Med-prod classics like Shocker(with Mitch Peleggi pre-X-Files fame) and Deadly Friend( with Anne Ramsey, old woman from Goonies).

I liked some of the areas it touched on, Astral Travelling... and the movie had the feel of a Stephen King story, for better or for worse.

Saw the ending coming a mile off, reminded me of The Skeleton Key and so many others but overall enjoyed it and well done scare moments.

CGI ruined Gladiator for me. That crappy tiger in the arena - you could see through it!

Spartacus (Kubrick) was a much better film without it.

CGI ruined Gladiator for me. That crappy tiger in the arena - you could see through it!

Gladiator bored the shit out of me.

Computer baddies ....why?

Films like 'Dog Soldiers' will always be prefered over films like 'I am legend' for this very reason, yet they cost peanuts in comparison.

I watched 'Cube' the other night. Strange stuff.

I watched that about 10 years ago, proper weird film, just remember laughing at the bit where the autistic guy shouts trap into a room...

82exxi52r7r689ayzyd.png

Been recommended a couple of times on the thread already and rightly so! Superb movie. :thumb:

OK...as VT's "Barry Norman" give us a bit of info on these "superb" movies.

C'mon, sell them to me...(and I have watched a lot of your recommendations in the past)

Watched the series of farscape recently after watching firefly got me back into the swing of the old retro sci fi series again ill probs move onto babylon 5 next anyway this was better than i thought it would be.

707729169406.jpg

Watched the series of farscape recently after watching firefly got me back into the swing of the old retro sci fi series again ill probs move onto babylon 5 next anyway this was better than i thought it would be.

707729169406.jpg

:thumb:

Ben Browder slowly going loopy over the course of the show is brilliant.

Â