The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Is Avatar worth watching? Someone leant it to me but it just doesn't seem my type of thing.

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it but that was on the big screen and I hadn't seen any of the films that use a very similar storyline. The 3D added nothing other than dry sore eyes that had to squint on the drive home. I know the film got ripped to shreds by many film-goers (largely down to the plagiarised plotline) but, for me, as a bit of visually stunning escapism I thought it was very enjoyable if formulaic.

+1

I watch movies for entertainment and escapism, to be honest, and Avatar delivers both of those. I watched it in 3D at the movies and in HD at home and while some of the WOW factor wasn't there on DVD it was still a pretty good way to kill a few hours.

3rded. Well, I enjoyed the 3D too and didn't have the problem Bri had and was a bit worried that the DVD-version wouldn't be as good. But I bought it on bluray and it was still very good, IMO. Well, good in the way that such movies can be.

Just about to watch Tron, is it worth it? (v2010)

I watched it on cinema and i have to say it was awful..probably the worst movie ive seen on cinema

Looks good and awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk, but everything else is garbage.

That's done by the Mighty Boosh lot isn't it? Might give that a whack.

Written and Directed by Paul King, who's worked on Garth Marenghi, The Mighty Boosh and Come Fly With Me. Barratt, Fielding, Farnaby and Ayoade all make appearances.

That's done by the Mighty Boosh lot isn't it? Might give that a whack.

Written and Directed by Paul King, who's worked on Garth Marenghi, The Mighty Boosh and Come Fly With Me. Barratt, Fielding, Farnaby and Ayoade all make appearances.

= Genius.

One of his best...

Manhattan-poster01.jpg

Superb stuff, the dialogue is punchy and funny and the black and white cinematography is faultless, with some truly innovative camera work. Great, great movie.

Dark City really wasn't for me.

Recently watched...

600full-ikiru-poster.jpg

Excellent film with a powerful message. Third Kurosawa film I have seen, ranks just under Yojimbo for me which I love to bits. Need the motivation to watch the Seven Samurai sometime though...

Also watched this the other night...

moon_poster_sam_rockwell_5691.jpg

Really enjoyed it, thought Rockwell was excellent but just felt a bit let down by the ending which was rather tame.

Excellent film with a powerful message. Third Kurosawa film I have seen, ranks just under Yojimbo for me which I love to bits

Yojimbo... :notworthy:

One of my favourite movies and also one of my favourite stories. Such simplicity and yet so affective.

Â