The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

yeah he's not a bad actor but he seems to be in some really bad films, phantom menace, (without starting the debate again, IMO) taken, clash of the titans, kingdom of heaven (although following about 10 pages back ive bought the directors cut)

although adding to your list he's also good at the start of gangs of new york, batman begins, fallout 3...

..really cant see what the fuzz is about..

They're a group of people employed to enforce the laws of the state in the interest of maintaing public order, but that's not important right now.

and I still believe that liam neeson is the worst actor around he is awfull

:shock: Unbelievable, **** off heathen :lol:

Seriously though, he's my favourite actor and I really find it quite hard to believe anyone can think he's awful. (TPM aside but that was due to a crappy script)

I downloaded inception last night..i watched 25 mins of it then turned it off..really cant see what the fuzz is about..

:lol:

Perhaps if you watch the whole film you could actually comment a little further.

A LOT of people have said things along these lines.

"Turned it off after half an hour. Don't see what all the fuss was about"

Is there some sort of trend being set?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying no-one could dislike Inception.

But to turn off a film after 25 minutes it woudl have to be awful. And I mean Son of the Mask, Epic Movie, 8 Legged Freaks bad.

I mean I guess if most people have sat down to watch a film, even if it's bad or average, they still carry on watching it to the end most of the time.

I don't believe that this many people are so appauled or so bored after 25 minutes of Inception that they've turned it off.

I think it's a case of "Everyone likes this so I'm going to hate it, regardless"

(Note: I am not referring to anyone in particular, before everyone starts calling me out. I'm just saying there seems to be a trend)

I downloaded inception last night..i watched 25 mins of it then turned it off..really cant see what the fuzz is about..

:lol:

Perhaps if you watch the whole film you could actually comment a little further.

A LOT of people have said things along these lines.

"Turned it off after half an hour. Don't see what all the fuss was about"

Is there some sort of trend being set?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying no-one could dislike Inception.

But to turn off a film after 25 minutes it woudl have to be awful. And I mean Son of the Mask, Epic Movie, 8 Legged Freaks bad.

I mean I guess if most people have sat down to watch a film, even if it's bad or average, they still carry on watching it to the end most of the time.

I don't believe that this many people are so appauled or so bored after 25 minutes of Inception that they've turned it off.

I think it's a case of "Everyone likes this so I'm going to hate it, regardless"

(Note: I am not referring to anyone in particular, before everyone starts calling me out. I'm just saying there seems to be a trend)

As with anything when a film gets a set amount of attention by more than your usual film geek friend, people are keen to see and usually disappointed.

I personally think Inception is a fine film and its script should have gotten more praise for guiding the viewer through a quite complex story line; has some great performances in it too.

But it doesn't hold up to closer examination and is therefore a very well made 'popcorn' flick as it were. When you have films like Transformers 2 which makes less sense than Inception and not on purpose, you have to say that Inception is pretty good for the masses.

I'd rather films like it making shit loads of cash that some of the shit thats shipped out these days.

ut to turn off a film after 25 minutes it woudl have to be awful. And I mean Son of the Mask, Epic Movie, 8 Legged Freaks bad

I'd put inception in the Matrix 2 / 3 category .. you sort of feel compelled to watch it through as at some point you know things are going to happen and everything will be ok with the film

sadly for inception it just didn't happen , I can recall the whole cinema kinda in a state between boredom and trying to look as though they "got it"

it's like when my mate told a joke down the pub and told it incorrectly .. everyone laughed because they didn't want to appear as though they didn't get it , until one bloke said " i don't get " and then it turned out that actually nor did the ones who were laughing

and that is my feeling on inception , I'm waiting for Nolan to come out and say "gottcha " or something

But that's my point. You still watched it. To turn off after 25 minutes you must really really hate something.

Personally I thought Inception was a hell of a lot better than Matrix 2 or 3.

I really enjoyed it, as did everyone I saw it with. The cinema I was in certainly didn't seem bored.

I was rather surprised that my missus liked Inception and didn't like Black Swan. I thought it would be the other way round.

I haven't seen either yet, so I dunno.

I thought Black Swan was really good.

My sister hated it though. Said she didn't "get it".

I didn't think there was much to get but maybe your wife had the same problem.

and I still believe that liam neeson is the worst actor around he is awfull

:shock: Let's just say that I disagree.

I have to go one further. People like Paul Walker are the WORST at acting. Liam Neeson I won't say is the most amazing but he's a good actor. IMO. To say the worst....just too harsh. For god sakes Dane Cook has made movies!!!

haha cant agree more Paul Walker is useles and he made Vin Diesel look like Laurence Olivier in Fast and the Furious.

I watched Battle Los Angeles yesterday online...Good picture for a new movie that's streamed online...The film however wasn't that great.

Loads of action and effects, but the film itself was a tad boring.

Would recommend it if you like things being blown up every 2 minutes, but if your looking for something that will keep you interested until the end then it's not one to watch...I turned it off with 20-30 mintues left and skipped parts before that as I was loosing interest fast.

She said she thought it was a bit corny and she felt like laughing at it.

She said she thought it was a bit corny and she felt like laughing at it.

That's exactly what my sister said! Well she didn't say corny as such, she said she didn't get it and ended up laughing at it with her mate.

I thought it was terrifying! The last thing I wanted to do was laugh!

They're a group of people employed to enforce the laws of the state in the interest of maintaing public order, but that's not important right now.

:clap:

:clap::crylaugh:

Good one.

I watched Battle Los Angeles yesterday online...Good picture for a new movie that's streamed online...The film however wasn't that great.

Loads of action and effects, but the film itself was a tad boring.

Would recommend it if you like things being blown up every 2 minutes, but if your looking for something that will keep you interested until the end then it's not one to watch...I turned it off with 20-30 mintues left and skipped parts before that as I was loosing interest fast.

Saw the ad, thought "2012 / Transformers movie all over again," so no reason to waste money or time on it really.

Â