The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Have anyone seen "Revolver"? I had it recommended to me a while ago, but then another friend said it's shite. So, what is it? Anyone knows?

It's what happens when Guy Ritchie reads too much material he doesn't understand and decides to have a lovely big wank for everyone to see.

Avoid it like the plague. Oh, and shoot the friend who recommended it to you, it's for the best.

Cheers, again. :lol: I couldn't shoot her, though. She's far too lovely for that. :P

Just watched Pandorum, thought it was pretty good.

I liked it too. Although I am a sucker for that sort of stuff, abandoned space stations, aliens/monsters, etc...I'll give any sci-fi horror a go, and probably enjoy it too. I don't think it did well commercially though, and the rest of the proposed trilogy hinged on that

I watched that not long ago, was quite good actually, was expecting it to be rubbish, it wasn't, dad is pretty funny on it.

Which begs the question, if you were expecting it to be rubbish - why did you bother watching it?

Good work for getting past that and enjoying it as it's obviously a very decent film. I just can't see why someone would watch something they were expecting not to enjoy.

I watched that not long ago, was quite good actually, was expecting it to be rubbish, it wasn't, dad is pretty funny on it.

Which begs the question, if you were expecting it to be rubbish - why did you bother watching it?

Good work for getting past that and enjoying it as it's obviously a very decent film. I just can't see why someone would watch something they were expecting not to enjoy.

I watch plenty of films on the internet, not a usual film I'd watch but thought I'd give it a go, can just click cancel after 15/20 mins if it ain't very good as well but turned out to be quite good...

Just watched Pandorum, thought it was pretty good.

I liked it too. Although I am a sucker for that sort of stuff, abandoned space stations, aliens/monsters, etc...I'll give any sci-fi horror a go, and probably enjoy it too. I don't think it did well commercially though, and the rest of the proposed trilogy hinged on that

I'm not exactly into sci-fi/horror, but I do like watching them without being mad keen.

I take it there won't be a 2nd and 3rd then?

I watch plenty of films on the internet, not a usual film I'd watch but thought I'd give it a go, can just click cancel after 15/20 mins if it ain't very good as well but turned out to be quite good...

Fair enough.

Have anyone seen "Revolver"? I had it recommended to me a while ago, but then another friend said it's shite. So, what is it? Anyone knows?

It's what happens when Guy Ritchie reads too much material he doesn't understand and decides to have a lovely big wank for everyone to see.

Avoid it like the plague. Oh, and shoot the friend who recommended it to you, it's for the best.

One of my friends also recommended Revolver but they also think the Wahlberg version of The Italian Job was superior so I gave the film a pass.

Really enjoyed The Fighter last night. Bale is as excellent as expected, but for me this is Wahlberg's movie. A fantastically subtle and contained portrayal of a man browbeaten by his dysfunctional family and torn between being loyal to them and his own aspirations. The supporting cast all deserve a mention too, with Melissa Leo being particularly excellent.

9/10 for me.

Really enjoyed The Fighter last night. Bale is as excellent as expected, but for me this is Wahlberg's movie. A fantastically subtle and contained portrayal of a man browbeaten by his dysfunctional family and torn between being loyal to them and his own aspirations. The supporting cast all deserve a mention too, with Melissa Leo being particularly excellent.

9/10 for me.

Agreed, fine film very much enjoyed it.

Also thought it was quite amusing with a good sense of humour.

Films i have seen over the last few weeks...

The fighter, yes would recommend

Little fcukers, no not even funny.

127hrs, easy to follow ok.

Burried, Again easy to follow shite but ending.

The green hornet, nope boaring.

True grit, Pointless want my 2 hrs back.

The only one of those I really fancy is True Grit. Will treat it as another filming of the book, rather than a remake of the John Wayne version.

The only one of those I really fancy is True Grit. Will treat it as another filming of the book, rather than a remake of the John Wayne version.

Which is how the Coen's would want you to treat it. It's far closer to the book than the John Wayne version. Although for me, that version is superior and that's coming from a Coen fanboy.

Which is how the Coen's would want you to treat it. It's far closer to the book than the John Wayne version. Although for me, that version is superior and that's coming from a Coen fanboy.

Interesting. I am also a Coen fanboy, a westerns fan generally, and a lover of the Portis book. But my default stance on remakes is "NO". So we'll see.

I watched it and didn't think much of it to be honest, those easy going films are quite enjoyable usually but this just plodded along. I do like Emma Stone aswell :winkold:

9/10 for me.

I felt the same, I usually can't stand Wahlberg as I find him quite bland and boring but I thought he was excellent in this. As for Bale I was pleased to see him in a more different role as to what he is used to and deservedly won his supporting actor role at the Golden Globes.

Touching the void is alot better than 127 hours

Have this on my to watch this, looks crazy.

Â