The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I actually think terminator 3 is underrated, not a bad film at all. Salvation was ok as well but a bit pointless in the terminator world.

Won't even bother with genesis until the bluray comes out

Terminator 3 isn't very good.

But the ending was excellent

I hated the ending, it completly shit on everything James Cameron wanted to express.

T2 - "There is no future but that which we make for ourselves."

T3 - "errr **** that, judgement day is happening anyways."

Terminator Genisys is easily the worse film i've seen this year so far and would push it for a good few years as well... i've seen the latest Transformers!

Perfect example of an action film failing, didn't help that it came out in the same summer as Fury Road which has the best directed actions scenes in years.

Oh and nothing make sense, things happened for a reason in the first two films, things happen in this because the director/writers think it looks cool or something.

Dreadful.

When I was at the cinema last weekend, two of the trailers were for Ant Man and Pixels

I reckon if you go and see them they'll beat Terminator Genisys as worst film of the year. They both looked utter, utter shite.

as said earlier I thought Pixels looked like it could have been good from the trailer until Sandler and James turned up

After 10 seconds of the trailer I could have told you it was shite.

In fact, I'm sure if I'd read the premise of the film I could have told you it was shit.

Sandler and James were just the icing on the cake, made of shit.

well I didnt expect it to be classic but it looked like it could have been like a guilty pleasure or something you could watch if nothing on for light entertainment then them 2 turned up

As bad an idea as ant man sounds I'm quite hyped for it now, think it was thomas the tank engine in the trailer, thats hilarious, from what I've read review wise so far it sounds like a typical marvel film, cast really well, got the tone spot on, underdeveloped villain

As bad an idea as ant man sounds I'm quite hyped for it now, think it was thomas the tank engine in the trailer, thats hilarious, from what I've read review wise so far it sounds like a typical marvel film, cast really well, got the tone spot on, underdeveloped villain

The Thomas the Tank bit was the bit that made me laugh in the trailer. That was actually very funny.

Watched Spy last night.  Thought it was going to be a really bad comedy at the start (dislike Jude Law anyway).  But after it got staretd there were some pretty funny moments.

Still cheesy as hell, but some of the lines did make my chuckle.

7.5/10

Ted 2  tonight ;)

I hated the ending, it completly shit on everything James Cameron wanted to express.

T2 - "There is no future but that which we make for ourselves."

T3 - "errr **** that, judgement day is happening anyways."

But if Judgement Day is averted, John Connor will simply blip out of existence.  He destiny is to either be killed by a Terminator or never exist at all.

ce9c949d6c73dbfb889f6036bac022dd.gif

Side note; my local Odeon was screening Terminator (as in the first one) a few weeks back, so we went to that.  Between nostalgia, my overtly homosexual feelings towards Michael Biehn and the fact I always forget that the soundtrack was written by a guy who is one letter away from being Brad Friedel, it was brilliant.

• Like 1

Yeah, the roundhouse here in Nottingham did the exact same thing so I went with some work friends. The place was packed and it was a great experience watching something so huge and knowing everyone in there had seen it before. There were a few titters during the 'animatronic Arnie' scenes due to how they weren't exactly seamless, but it was a blast.

I went to that but have no intention in seeing Genisys. It looks **** awful.

In other news, I watched Ex Machina last night. I have a bit of a soft spot for Alex Garland and I enjoyed it, but it did feel a little lacking in some way too.

Edited by Ginko

Terminator Genisys.

...Christ.

I just... I dunno. What?!

I don't know what that movie even is. Honestly. I'm not sure anyone making it did either.

I mean... I dunno. It's not a bad movie. But so much of it shit or weird or senseless or strangely fan fiction-y or falling flat... It is bad? The script is crap, the start of it had a whole scene that... You know at the start of every Star Wars movie they have the scrolling text explaining the setting? Imagine if that was done as a dialogue between 2 characters but with absolutely no subtlety - 'Dave, it was a long time ago' 'yes John, in a galaxy far away I believe'. The acting is awful, not helped by the fact the script is hopeless of course. Emilia Clarke would be a secretary if she didn't look like she does, I'm certain of it.

The plot is all over the shop. There's little things that are actually fairly interesting takes on a modern Terminator script. And the rest of it is shit. It takes elements from T1 and T2 and blends them up and vomits then over the screen. And somehow it stains the memory you had of the originals. The first 2 movies have real weight to them. This is fluff. It feels like an awkward cash in. There's bits of it I'm not sure actually make sense. It has awful moments of humour. It's weirdly bland and forgettable.

It's not a Terminator movie in anything but name.

It's not good. Don't. Don't even think about.

Edit - I forgot something. There are a lot of moments in this movie that are meant to be humourous, which aren't. But you will get laughs. Personal favourites include watching Sarah Connor, well known badass and handy with a gun, have her eyes bounce around like she's tripping when firing a pistol in the least badass way possible, and the crème de la crème... If you were a super intelligent AI hell bent on wiping out humanity, and wanted to round humans up in camps to be exterminated, how would you transport them? Develop some kind of self driving van to drop the humans off, like what Google and the like is already doing? Bearing in mind its the future so you can be a bit advanced. Well don't worry, this movie has solved the question. What you do, is take normal lorries, and have endoskeletons (like what is inside a Terminator) drive them about, like some kind of chrome trucker. Minus the tan obviously.

Edited by Chindie

I value my money too much to have ever considered going within a mile of that Terminator film. Not that it's alone. That goes for 90% of cinema releases. But some stand out more than others.

• Like 2

Â