The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Adventureland.

Surprisingly good even if Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg were playing Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg.

Great soundtrack.

Really benefits from the same approach that The Way, Way Back has, which is to break outside of defined rules for how characters and plots should be defined.

People are complex, there's very few instances where anyone is good or bad, we are defined by our decisions, which are sometimes ill judged. In these movies they don't portray anyone in any light apart from what decisions they make which I think allows you to empathise with the characters much more.

• Like 3

Chaos  (2005)  

If you have watched any number of Jason Statham you will know what type of film to expect. This was no different. I really enjoyed this one and is probably the best Statham movie i have seen. 8/10 for me

Adventureland.

Surprisingly good even if Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg were playing Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg.

Great soundtrack.

Really benefits from the same approach that The Way, Way Back has, which is to break outside of defined rules for how characters and plots should be defined.

People are complex, there's very few instances where anyone is good or bad, we are defined by our decisions, which are sometimes ill judged. In these movies they don't portray anyone in any light apart from what decisions they make which I think allows you to empathise with the characters much more.

I'm liking your analysis on this film and I agree with 100% - Although, for sheer comedy, there's nothing quite like Bill Hader in a baseball bat wielding rage....

Seeing Fury Road this evening, which currently has 99% positive reviews on Rotton Tomatoes from 89 which is quite simply extraordinary, i think only Toy Story 2 gets near that.

Shock horror the ONE bad review is from The Mirror :lol:

Going Sunday morning, and after reading all the positivity i'm really, really excited about seeing it.

A bit of a cooky one, but I really enjoyed The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman

charlie_countryman_poster_embed.jpg

It's a bit of an Eastern European set 'True Romance-esque' film about a young man going nowhere in life, whose mother dies and appears before him telling him to go to Bucharest, where he gets strangely mixed in with a cellist and her criminal ex-partner... it is cooky, blackly humoured and overall entertaining!

Shia LeBeef is fairly good and Mads Mikkelsen continues his fine recent form.

Even Ron Weasley and Jay Cartwright appear in it!

• Like 1

Fury Road is an incredible film and also bonkers and very odd, odd as in Mad Max odd; meaning it probably wont make much money :(

Which is a shame as its been years where there is an action film that you can tell what is going on and its not edited like a music video. Every action is clear to see, who is doing what going where; seems simple but seems not to happen much.

Â