The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Child 44

It was ok, had some interesting bits but overall wasn't particularly interesting was just a bit meh, tries to say something about the MBG but it's all fairly basic "traitors" snatched off the street stuff rather than going deep and political, it's also a bit too long and has some dodgy accents

It's worth a watch and there's not a great deal on at the moment, just nothing special

What a depressing thing to read.

Have to agree with Mr CED on this. Furious 7 earning a billion in record time is a sad indictment of what appeals to the masses nowadays.

What a depressing thing to read.

Have to agree with Mr CED on this. Furious 7 earning a billion in record time is a sad indictment of what appeals to the masses nowadays.

Its doing that well because of Walkers death.

I dunno, it's getting good reviews and is meant to be half decent, plus the rock is a big draw in yank land, they're obviously doing ok with the marketing of the film because his death is still making the news and they timed the release right, it's up against nothing for the first month of it's release, been a really quiet month until next week

Just watching X-Men First Class on C4.  You know the scene just after Magneto turns the satellite towards him and Xavier, everyone is in the study watching the Presidents speech on the tv.  Why is Magneto holding a gun in that scene?  I mean, why?

Just watching X-Men First Class on C4.  You know the scene just after Magneto turns the satellite towards him and Xavier, everyone is in the study watching the Presidents speech on the tv.  Why is Magneto holding a gun in that scene?  I mean, why?

The scene where he turned the satellite dish started with him practising diverting bullets, he put a gun to his head and was going to stop it with his powers. Hence he still had it in his hand. 

Looks pish.

I'm going to invoke Stevos 2nd law there  ;)

Plus Zach Snyder has an awful visual style.

I'd watch his movies for style alone. Pretty much a blu ray must.

Jurassic World looks so awful.

Edited by kurtsimonw

I'm not entirely sure the exact part you mean, but isn't that the scene were Magneto asks Xavier to shoot him in the head because he wants to prove he can stop the bullet?

Child 44 is probably most disappointing film I have seen in a long time. It had everything on paper, a great cast (except Rapace who is still hopeless), solid director and an interesting part of history but for me it was just slow and boring

Â