The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Herzog season on Film4. I've recorded 'The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser' and 'Nosferatu'. 'Heart of Glass' is on tonight and I'll record that.

Then I'm going to binge on Werner over the weekend.

Bought the Herzog blu ray boxset a while ago now.

It's magnificent.

Big Hero 6.

Fantastic basically.

Animation is top notch, there are parts where the main character is wandering about the city and you could swear its real. Characters are all good, especially Baymax. Havent seen Frozen and don't intend to so for me its a return to form for Disney.

Loved it.

Also for posterity i also watched fear and loathing last night after recording a midnight showing of it from film 4 or itv 4 i think. Still as good as ever.

Edited by AVFCDAN

MV5BMjM0OTczMTcxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU1

So **** good.

It was a mixed bag for me, Domhnall Gleeson was the best thing in it for me and that's an unusual thing to say when Michael Fassbender is channeling Frank Sidebottom with a massive paper mache head on the whole film.

Just back from Kingsmen

Wasn't sure what to expect really , the trailer looked a bit meh....., but it was surprisingly good , some nice touches of humour the "save the world ...." Line gets a special mention and it ticked along nicely in the way the kick arse movie did ... The fight scene in the church looked great , getting stabbed never looked so much fun

Yeah the plot was stupid but great film ... Just don't take your nan with you to watch it

The Vikings  (1958)

Time for a blast from the past last night. First watched this film with Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis staring in it when i was a young boy.It has aged well and i still enjoy watching it every now and then 7/10 I rate it .

• Like 2

The Vikings  (1958)

Time for a blast from the past last night. First watched this film with Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis staring in it when i was a young boy.It has aged well and i still enjoy watching it every now and then 7/10 I rate it .

I bloody love that film. Vague memories of watching it with my dad on a Sunday afternoon when I was a kid and being completely bowled over by it.

I watched it again a couple of years ago and it's still great.

• Like 1

Just got back from watching Inherent Vice.

Absolutely loved it, and PTA retains his 100% record of excellence with me.

Josh Brolin is fantastic, but Joaquin Phoenix is just completely off the scale - a masterclass.

It's also way more funny that I thought it would be and a couple of sections of dialogue in particular had me in bits.

Can't wait for the Blu ray now :)

Edited by Designer1

I was exposed to 'The Purge: Anarchy' tonight.

Don't make the same mistake.

I wouldn't and you won't mind if I judge you for letting it happen :) That was never going to end well.

I wouldn't bother with Gone Girl.

Really? I thought it was very good, because it wasn't formulaic. But then I hadn't read the book.

As for Inherent Vice. It's why IMDb can be a curse. A 7.1 rating for a non-horror movie might have meant I chose something else to go and see.

As for Inherent Vice. It's why IMDb can be a curse. A 7.1 rating for a non-horror movie might have meant I chose something else to go and see.

**** IMDB.

I have to say though, it WILL be a very divisive movie as proved already by the critical split.

I do like Brolin and Phoenix. I think Brolin is an under-rated and under-utilised actor actually. So that may have swayed it for me in the end. But it mightn't have and it annoys me that I did pre-judge it based on the rating AND based on the sleazy poster which itself doesn't really make me want to go and see it.

Havent seen Frozen and don't intend to so for me its a return to form for Disney.

You're right to save yourself the bother it's shit.  Tangled on the other hand, now that's a Disney classic!  Well maybe not classic but it's got a decent plot at least.

Plus - and I appreciate how this sounds, but the girl in Tangled is way hotter than those daft bitches in Frozen (excuse the pun).  If I was a cartoon man I would be banging that all day long!

• Like 1

Â