The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

the funny thing is I'm not even bald... Yet

That doesn't matter to VA when he thinks he's found your likeness.

Quiet, Tiny Lister.

Simeon has hair but like Ben, not much.

mine still grows on top. For now

Taxi Driver.

It has aged surprisingly well. I especially love the soundtrack still, how it mimics the dark and light of Travis at any given moment, often independent of whatever he is facing at the time.

I find it surprising how many people question the end scene, as though it's anything more than his dying fantasy. I hate having to cite people involved, but the producer confirmed all this in her autobiography. Seems obvious to me regardless and I liked how it tied the piece together.

The Usual Suspects.

Has not aged particularly well. Still a good flick, but it really has lost it's glow, IMO.

I had an Owen Wilson weekend!  :blush:

Wedding Crashers, Starsky & Hutch and You, Me and Dupree. 

Don't judge me! 

• Like 1

All good things with Kirsten Dunst and Ryan gosling. Didn't know anything of the real life story behind it. Was really disappointed by the film as a whole, really slow and didn't capture me.

Not plot spoiler but so as not to cause offence to some..

Kd is naked for a scene but it is very brief.

Edited by mikeyp102

All good things with Kirsten Dunst and Ryan gosling. Didn't know anything of the real life story behind it. Was really disappointed by the film as a whole, really slow and didn't capture me.

Not plot spoiler but so as not to cause offence to some..

Kd is naked for a scene but it is very brief.

funny thing I thought that film was ok but felt the same way about Drive which everybody on here loves. I prefer Gosling's earlier stuff. The believer, Half nelson, United states of leyland, stay, lars and the real girl, fractrure. Was a big fan of his but find it hard to watch him now.  

Anybody seen the film "Would you rather" made me think a lot about what choices i would make in that situation. Good film but has low imdb rating.

Edited by PaulC

Sleeping Beauty (2011) Found it hard to get excited about this film. It is about a young woman who is prepared to do just about anything for money and excitement .It sounds good,but not a lot happens to be honest

• Like 1

Decided to watch the Hunger Games last night. The first one. For its target audience it's a very solid film, but lacked further grit and satire for it to also satisfactorily bridge an adult audience as well, but still quite watchable, a nuts and bolts story, even if the suspense wasn't what it could have been, but still, for young teens it's probably a lot of fun without upsetting them unduly I suppose. Does make me feel I ought to actually watch Battle Royale though

Edited by Rodders

Sleeping Beauty (2011) Found it hard to get excited about this film. It is about a young woman who is prepared to do just about anything for money and excitement .It sounds good,but not a lot happens to be honest

Yeah, got a few stories about women like that. If only we had a confession thread.

Tonight's choices: Trance or Grown Ups 2. What do you reckon?

A Sky Movies subscription! 

Its one of the premieres this week. I've not seen the first but i'm assuming that won't make the second one too difficult to follow. 

Decided to watch the Hunger Games last night. The first one. For its target audience it's a very solid film, but lacked further grit and satire for it to also satisfactorily bridge an adult audience as well, but still quite watchable, a nuts and bolts story, even if the suspense wasn't what it could have been, but still, for young teens it's probably a lot of fun without upsetting them unduly I suppose. Does make me feel I ought to actually watch Battle Royale though

I thought pretty much the same as you. I know a lot of adults that like it a fair bit, I found it enjoyable enough but more than a bit shallow and soggy. It holds together well, it looks great, but ultimately it's a film for the twilight generation.

I started watching the sequel and thought nah, I don't need any more of this in my life.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Its one of the premieres this week. I've not seen the first but i'm assuming that won't make the second one too difficult to follow. 

Please for the love of humanity, do not watch Grown Ups 2.

• Like 2

I haven't seen the first. Or the second.;

But I can safely say they are both terrible TERRIBLE films.

Â