The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched The Guard last night. Excellent! 8/10

Also watched Colombiana (so-so, 5/10) and Monsters University (7/10)

If you liked the Guard (which is quality!) then In Bruges is on Film 4 Wednesday night and worth checking out (unless you already have!!!) Also, Calvary is about to hit the cinemas and done by the same team as The Guard.

Just watched Escape Plan - totally predictable but enjoyable nonetheless. Arnie was actually pretty good in it!?!?

What makes it a kids "cartoon"? It's animated yes and I believe it carries a U rating. It's considered by many adults to be one of the better films of last year.

Was Wall-E a "kids cartoon"? Up? Toy Story 1, 2 and 3? Some of the best cinema I've ever seen there.

World War Z is entertaining enough for sure. Just make sure you leave your brain behind. Don't get looking for plot holes, you'll find too many.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

If you liked the Guard (which is quality!) then In Bruges is on Film 4 Wednesday night and worth checking out (unless you already have!!!) Also, Calvary is about to hit the cinemas and done by the same team as The Guard.

Yeah seen In Bruges, really like it. Calvary looks great from the trailer  :)

• Like 1

As DDID says, some of the finest cinema in recent times has been 'kids' stuff. Wall-E, Toy Story trilogy, Monsters Inc, etc. All fantastic. 

I'm not that keen on animations using computer graphics seem a bit souless although I remember liking the first Toy Story.

I watched Whisper of the Heart the other week which is a Studio Ghibli I thought that was really good my favourite from tha studio, although it was only the third I watched the other two were Spirited Away and Grave of Fireflies.

There's nothing wrong with kids films, I've just got no time for them anymore, and that may be the case with plenty of other people.

The question is, what makes a film a kids film?

As a 10 year old my favourite film was Evil Dead.

There's nothing wrong with kids films, I've just got no time for them anymore, and that may be the case with plenty of other people.

The question is, what makes a film a kids film?

As a 10 year old my favourite film was Evil Dead.

I remember sneaking downstairs at about 1am to watch Robocop as a kid. I felt awesome.

Â