The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Can anyone recommend a must-see wes anderson film to watch?? Never seen one of his films yet im hearing good things about them.

They're all pretty damn good. I suppose The Royal Tenenbaums would be a good one to start with.

I watched that yrs ago with uni mates. I thought it was the worst film I had ever seen. None of us laughed once, perhaps I was missing something.

same here I watched it once but didnt really enjoy it. Ill have to give it a er-watch

though Mr.Fox is a pile of wank

Can anyone recommend a must-see wes anderson film to watch?? Never seen one of his films yet im hearing good things about them.

They're all pretty damn good. I suppose The Royal Tenenbaums would be a good one to start with.

I watched that yrs ago with uni mates. I thought it was the worst film I had ever seen. None of us laughed once, perhaps I was missing something.

a sense of humour ? :P

I remember seeing it in the cinema but other than vague recollections of it nothing stands out as memorable ( in an Airplane way ) though I'm fairly sure I enjoyed the film at the time   .. keep thinking i should watch it again and refresh my memory

Any tenous excuse (I suppose it's not that tenous) to mention this film.

Monsters-3-26.jpg

Blooming brilliant it is, in my humble opinion.

Thought the ending was pretty awful, but otherwise I really enjoyed it too.

Yeah I was going to post exactly that last night but as I'd just written pretty much the same thing about the Lego movie I didn't want to be accused of being an End'ist or whatever you'd call them ....

So, a whole bunch of critics and media outlets were invited to watch several segments (around 20 minutes worth) of Godzilla with Gareth Edwards. The overall opinion seems to be that what they saw was amazing.

And then, then there was this:

godzillanewtrailer2.jpg

Holy shit.

Yeah, there is certainly something terrifying about 'Her', but it's amazing how quickly you get past that. I can't really pick a fault with the movie, really. Almost had me in tears at points, which is something.

It looks absolutely lovely, such a beautiful use of colour throughout.

Prisoners...

I thought they should have had the father found dead. Having him die to save his daughters life would have been a more poignant way to end it and far more in keeping with the tone of the piece. As it is he'll do a couple of years in nick and then it's on to happily ever after.

I thought they left it so that you didn't know if they found Jackman or not ?

That said, very enjoyable. 8/10

Not really. It's fairly clear that the detective can hear the whistle. Also, absolutely maddening that they didn't even think to look under the car up until that point? You know, for more missing kids maybe? They'd have turned the place over by then, twice, it had been a good 24 hours since the bust if not more. Poor quality finish to an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable film.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Prisoners...

I thought they should have had the father found dead. Having him die to save his daughters life would have been a more poignant way to end it and far more in keeping with the tone of the piece. As it is he'll do a couple of years in nick and then it's on to happily ever after.

Not really. It's fairly clear that the detective can hear the whistle. Also, absolutely maddening that they didn't even think to look under the car up until that point? You know, for more missing kids maybe? They'd have turned the place over by then, twice, it had been a good 24 hours since the bust if not more. Poor quality finish to an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable film.

I agree, I get the premise of the ending but it could have been done a lot better.

For anybody that liked Prisoners, I recommend "The Call" with Halle Berry

Prisoners...

I agree, I get the premise of the ending but it could have been done a lot better.

The Call is WWE Studios first successful/decent film.

Yeah, there is certainly something terrifying about 'Her', but it's amazing how quickly you get past that. I can't really pick a fault with the movie, really. Almost had me in tears at points, which is something.

I was in tears.... of laughter. Thought it was tripe. Hipster fodder.

Any tenous excuse (I suppose it's not that tenous) to mention this film.

Monsters-3-26.jpg

Blooming brilliant it is, in my humble opinion.

Thought the ending was pretty awful, but otherwise I really enjoyed it too.

Yeah I was going to post exactly that last night but as I'd just written pretty much the same thing about the Lego movie I didn't want to be accused of being an End'ist or whatever you'd call them ....

If you didn't like the ending, you didn't understand it.

trollface.pngtrollface.pngtrollface.png

Prisoners...

The Call is WWE Studios first successful/decent film.

Yeah I agree, I was shocked to be honest as I don't even remember why I watched it, just a random choice. Then I saw the WWE logo and thought I had made a mistake but it actually turned out decent.

Prisoners...

I thought he heard a noise but not a repeat noise and thus it's unclear ? Jakeman may have chosen that minute to take a break and then JG drives off before Jakeman starts up again  ... the directors take on the ending was "Even though you assume that’s what’s probably going to happen, I like that there’s a small chance that he’s not going to get him out of there for whatever reason "  

Â