The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Most of Del-Toro's films are the same

Eh?

Character wise he brings them to the big screen as if he was pulling them straight out of a comic book

Vivid colors but no depth

I did not go in expecting oscar winning performances but it was completely adequate for this type of movie it had emotion when it was needed

On this movie (Pacific Rim) I would agree. Definitely his weakest movie character wise (who needs characters when you have great big monsters fighting with giant robots right?) but on pretty much everything else he's done I would say he has a very keen eye for characterisation.

Whilst I very much like a lot of his work I do understand the point to a degree. There is a certain gloss to all of his movie making that can, at times, detract from the characterisation aspect somewhat. It's not something I've a particular gripe with as he has made a couple of my favourite films, but in retrospect I can see why some might not be able to see past that gloss.

Road to perdition - 10 out of 10.

Easily one of the greatest films of the 21st century and arguably the most overlooked also. I know sometimes people are not keen on tom hanks but he is perfect in this. Love love love the ending and the beautiful soundtrack. Masterpiece

• Like 1

Road to perdition - 10 out of 10.

Easily one of the greatest films of the 21st century and arguably the most overlooked also. I know sometimes people are not keen on tom hanks but he is perfect in this. Love love love the ending and the beautiful soundtrack. Masterpiece

I watched that again last week for the first time since seeing it at the cinema, and completely agree it's a brilliant piece of work. 

So only god forgives has sneaked out onto the internet.... Is it even in cinema yet?

It's getting predominantly poor reviews, which is a shame as I had high hopes.

Have got Maniac and Warm Bodies to watch this weekend.

Have no great expectations for either!

Is 'Only God Forgives' the next one from Gosling and the Drive director? looked pretty good in a minimal way...

The annoying issue of using soundtracks from other movies aside, this film looks fantastic

Fassbender rocking a good beard and looking bloody frightening while he's at it.

Can't wait. McQueen is a great director.

That trailer is chilling.

That said, if I watch it, it will be my third slavery-themed movie of the year (first two being, of course, Lincoln and Django Unchained). All of a sudden, slavery seems to have become one of Hollywood's favourite themes. I wonder why.

So only god forgives has sneaked out onto the internet.... Is it even in cinema yet?

It's getting predominantly poor reviews, which is a shame as I had high hopes.

Just finished it. Hmmm... it's okay. No where near the standard of Drive. There's not really a lot to it... could have been a lot better.

Is 'Only God Forgives' the next one from Gosling and the Drive director? looked pretty good in a minimal way...

I thought the Maniac remake was very good actually.

I thought the Maniac remake was very good actually.

Cheers for the reply! Usually like your choice of films so looking forward to it now!

• Like 1

Â