The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Is Di Maria that good? I haven't been that impressed with him for united. He was very poor against Southampton. 

He's superb, if a little lightweight.  He was the best player on the pitch in the Champions League final last season. 

Am off to Seville in April and will be seeing Seville v Barca. Havent been to Ramon Sanchez Pijuan before, so cant wait for this! Always thought Seville and Villa were quite similar in their make up and general history. (And they both have "vill" in their names!)

Am off to Seville in April and will be seeing Seville v Barca. Havent been to Ramon Sanchez Pijuan before, so cant wait for this! Always thought Seville and Villa were quite similar in their make up and general history. (And they both have "vill" in their names!)

...their real name contains the entire "villa" so the link is even stronger.

Oh I wish we were more similar... 

They're only 6 points off 1st..

Also Sevilla are much better at home, so it should be a very competitive match. 

Edited by AVFCforever1991

park the bus for 90 minutes 

I've come to loathe this over-used Mourinhoism as much as I loathe Mourinho himself.

I agree that sometimes Atletico games can be very dull to watch. This normally applies to games against lesser sides though where their lack of creation is more evident, not against their bigger rivals. 

In this game they had 8 shots on goal and 5 corners. Not the stats of a team set only on blanket defence.

Some perspective is needed. Barcelona's wage bill for this season is 347,900,000 euros.  Atletico's is 30% of that at 105,000.000 which is, at the current exchange rate - roughly the same as Villa's.

As I say over and over again, there is no right way to play football.

If you win games, then you're playing the right way.

Given Atletico's success recently, I think it's fair to say they're doing it right.

Â