General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

When you say that MON and Randy get along extremely well, would you class them as friends? Best buds? Would Randy ever have Martin O'Neill and Geraldine over for dinner, or would they go out to the cinema together or anything? Or would they ever go out and have a few too many glasses of pino nino and end up singing the Gabby Agbonlahor song while making their way through the streets of Cleveland, leaning up against each other so as not to fall over?

Or am I being silly?

general,

may I suggest that the Villa website team investigate improving its web presence by using Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and other popular online social networking mediums. I subscribe to many unofficial Aston Villa groups and feeds which are very useful and fun. Would be great if Villa did it officially and promoted it on the website. It would greatly assist fans to connect with the club.

Hi General

I am hoping you could clear up something that has been bugging me for a few weeks now.

Some people on here have been discussing about our various achievements in the UEFA cup, F.A Cup & the league. Some Villa fans have been saying they would rather see Villa put out a second string side against CSKA Moscow so we can rest our key players and concentrate on ensuring our position in the League.

What are your thought on the above and do you know how yourself, Randy and Martin O'Neill feels about us fighting on 3 very tricky fronts.

Personally I think regardless of how stretched the squad maybe, I feel our squad has performed brilliantly this far and with us over half way through the season, we can cope with whatever is thrown at us. I can understand the need to rest players but not at the expense of risking leaving our position in the league or dropping out of both the UEFA cup and F.A Cup. I feel very strongly about this because I always thought european football is what really made this club great and after 11 years wait, we have the chance to win the UEFA cup and really push Villa forward as a european threat once more.

I do get very involved with this topic because it angers me when other villa fans vehemently dismiss our chances of success in the UEFA cup without damaging our chances to obtain Champions league football for next year.

General Krulak here:

1. kidlewis: You pose a very tough question...particularly for someone who spent his life in the Forces. My personal feeling is that I don't give up anything! I go for a win across the board. At the same time, I can certainly understand those who feel that we should prioritize our efforts to ensure that we are in Europe next year. I have no argument with those thoughts. My answer to the question is simply what I have said before...I look at each game, one at a time. We still have a long season ahead of us and the next few weeks are going to be VERY critical. I think we take them one at a time and focus our lads in that fashion.

2. Season Tickets: Tomorrow the Club will be announcing the new Season Ticket pricing and policy. I want each of you to know that a couple of the initiatives are a DIRECT RESULT of comments posted on this site and others. I doubt if any other Club or any group of Fans has had the impact that you all on these sites have had. My sense is that you all will understand and like what we are doing.

General Krulak here:

1. kidlewis: You pose a very tough question...particularly for someone who spent his life in the Forces. My personal feeling is that I don't give up anything! I go for a win across the board. At the same time, I can certainly understand those who feel that we should prioritize our efforts to ensure that we are in Europe next year. I have no argument with those thoughts. My answer to the question is simply what I have said before...I look at each game, one at a time. We still have a long season ahead of us and the next few weeks are going to be VERY critical. I think we take them one at a time and focus our lads in that fashion.

I can totally understand their logic, I just don't agree with it.

It's a case of how we want to move forward. Yes Champions league would be great but I think the squad is good enough to cope considering their performances since august. I guess I have the "Paul Scholes" atttitude of "no game is a friendly", and "every game is as important as the next one".

If we want to progress and become a top 4-5 side in the country we have to be able to cope on all fronts throughout the year. It's how United won the treble and Arsenal won the double.

Also finishing 4th doesn't give us champions league football, Everton managed it then drew Villareal who destroyed them over two legs so we cannot assume we will get group stage Champions league football.

I have complete faith in the Villa team and the management and think we should try our best to win the F.A Cup, win the UEFA cup and finish 3rd in the premiership as well.

General Krulak here:

2. Season Tickets: Tomorrow the Club will be announcing the new Season Ticket pricing and policy. I want each of you to know that a couple of the initiatives are a DIRECT RESULT of comments posted on this site and others. I doubt if any other Club or any group of Fans has had the impact that you all on these sites have had. My sense is that you all will understand and like what we are doing.

General

Weird timing this, I was just thinking about my season ticket renewal last night. We got told by work on Monday that a 10% pay cut was being introduced, and I am naturally having to examine all my outgoings, sign of the times unfortunately.

In other years this may have been a no brainer as the quality of football hasn't matched ticket prices until you guys all moved into town. Now I'm obviously hoping to be able to find the funds from somewhere, depending on costs, so it is eagerly awaited!

Regards

General Krulak here:

General

Weird timing this, I was just thinking about my season ticket renewal last night. We got told by work on Monday that a 10% pay cut was being introduced, and I am naturally having to examine all my outgoings, sign of the times unfortunately.

In other years this may have been a no brainer as the quality of football hasn't matched ticket prices until you guys all moved into town. Now I'm obviously hoping to be able to find the funds from somewhere, depending on costs, so it is eagerly awaited!

Regards

General Krulak here:

1. I believe that all Fans will see that the Club has tried to take into account the economic situation...and be as fair as possible. I also believe that all Fans will see that some of the intiatives adopted came directly from their suggestions.

General Krulak here:

1. I believe that all Fans will see that the Club has tried to take into account the economic situation...and be as fair as possible. I also believe that all Fans will see that some of the intiatives adopted came directly from their suggestions.

General will any details be announced about the corporate hospitality packages / costs for 2009/10 season ?

General,

I believe most details for season tickets renewals for next season are very positive and will be viewed as such. I have yet to digest all the details but I’ll certainly be renewing early. Thank you to the club for the initiatives. I do have a concern though regarding the Away Scheme changes.

I fully understand the change to allow a maximum number of tickets to be returned but believe the club has set the number too low at three. Four tickets returned and you’re off the away scheme.

I have been a member of the scheme this year and have attended as many away games as possible – at least 70%, returning as lower number as possible, however even this small proportion would not be possible with the changes.

With childcare issues and the usual balance between Family and AVFC I think this change will penalise a significant proportion of the loyal travelling support that has been so constant throughout this season – Villa’s 12th man.

In reality, what it will mean is that there will be a greater number of tickets passed on to others (hopefully just at face value) on sites like VT and H&V.

I am fully cognisant of the reason for the change, to discourage those who join and attend only the ‘plum ties’, but would ask the club to reconsider the level at which the bar has been set. I would recommend an amendment allowing at least 30% of tickets to be returned - so around 6 out of 19 would be a more realistic number. This would ensure commitment from scheme members whilst allowing a reasonable number of returns for re-sale to other committed but less frequent away-travellers.

If the return of tickets has led to losses to the club of unsold tickets then the 48 hour rule for the return of tickets (allowing a refund) could be increased to 7 days if that reduced the financial exposure to the club?

I’m assuming by reading the details on the OS that the cup scheme details remain unchanged from this season.

I will be renewing my 2 adult and 2 children’s season tickets in Trinity Road C1 (£1,260+); re-registering for the Cup Scheme and want to attend as many of the Champions League fixtures as possible…(!) having followed the Villa to both Iceland and Hamburg this year. I fear the changes to the Away Scheme and the restrictions imposed may be a ‘Bridge too Far’.

Please consider the suggested proposal, I believe it has merit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

General Krulak here:

1. Tubby: Yes, I would say that we are a bit ahead of our 5 year plan but...I don't want to jinx anything!! The Season is not over so my answer needs to be moderated with that in mind.

2. Drew'sMilitia: You raise an interesting point. My recommendation is that you call Nicky Keye and she will provide you the thought-process behind the decision. It would be much better getting your answer from Nicky.

3. Season Tickets: I hope most fans recognize the fact that their Club has tried very hard to understand and take into account the current economic environment. Everything from the payment scheme to the "price freeze" has been undertaken with the fan in mind. My strong recommendation is to renew or get your Season Tickets as soon as you can.