General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General,

My Dad and I have been season ticket holders since 1995. We walked past the Holte pub yesterday before the game and we looked on in envy at the happy warm people enjoying a pint. How does the system work with invites as we are yet to receive one? It would make my Dad extremely happy to once again have a pint in the Holte before a game, something I have never experienced. Are we just being very unlucky so far by not getting an invite?

We stopped in during the summer, it is beautiful. The board are doing a great a job and it filters down from the top to pitch.

All the best

Tommy Corbett

Kings Norton

Sorry to bring this up again but I would like to know the rules.

Thanks

Tommy

A small amount of time with the search function found the answer on page 4 of this thread. limpid

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General ,

I heard the booing couldn't believe it but think it was more out of frustration altho don't condone it .

On another point in Hamburg we went to a pub after the game where most who were there would say it was probably one of the best nights ever following the Villa the band in the pub were fantastic , they did some great cover versions but when they sang Ghost riders in the Sky bought the house down . Just wondered if at the end of the season for the last game it might be worth putting them on in the Holte Suite maybe charge a nominal amount to cover the costs . Can you imagine that after the last game would keep the people in there longer and would be a great end of season bash . Just think something like that on a regular basis would be good .

I would like to add my thoughts on the booing General.

I was at the game and yes, it was definitely audible at the final whistle although it has to be said out of the 41,000 in attendance, it only sounded like a minority. It was a frustrating conclusion to the game after so many chances and the blatant timewasting and cheating by Wigan at the end didn't help. But there is still absolutely no excuse for it whatsoever.

At the end of the day, there are a few idiots at every club who will just never be happy I'm afraid. These boo boys are the same ones who phone into the radio talk shows after every match and rant and rave for no good reason. Everyone sat near me at the back of the lower Holte seemed content with the performance and just frustrated that it was "one of those days".

I hope you can pass on to MON and the players some of the comments that have been made about the booing on here. The majority of Villa fans, myself included, were very happy with the display and we were just very unlucky! Could've been 6- 0!

Gen

Couple of things:

1. Booing - I left Villa Park a very frustrated guy on Saturday, but more in how Wigan defended superbly and not that we didn't give 100%. Remember when I came on in about November and said "bottled it" - well there is no way on earth you could have levelled anything like that at the team on Saturday - they threw everything at Wigan. I had to leave a fwe minutes early to get my daughter away from the rush (still on crutches), so I didn't see the final whistle, but if I had - they would have got a standing ovation from me - and anyone he did otherwise, need their heads looking at.

2. Re: saturday, yes I was frustrated, but without your help, I couldn't have been there so I am eternally grateful - thank you !!!

3. Paul Birch. Everything has been said, local lad, gave his all, very sad day.

4. Well the silly season is over. Now, I am slightly disappointed we didn't spend £3 billion quid but, lets face it, MON has got us from relegation certainties, to Champions League probablies and League winner possibilities within two years - so I reckon I can give him a bit of credit and say he must kniow better than me !!

5. Is there any trruth there is another behind closed door friendly for Bouma this week and he will be back in the 1st team for Moscow ?

Up the Villa

Hi gen,

Yesterday I needed some cash out and had to go down to Tesco to take some out (Im a season ticket holder in the Holte so it's all the way at the other end and I come from the way Aston Station is) - now correct me if I am wrong but I've never seen any cash points in or around Villa Park, just Tesco, so would it be possible for some cash points to be installed around the ground or inside the ground? It would help a lot of fans and would probably boost business as I (and I'm sure a lot of other fans) often don't have cash on them and just money on cards.

Cheers gen

I had this problem when I was last over, at least everyone knew to send me to tesco's as I had no idea where any where or what direction to go to find one, One in the Villa Village and beside the Holte Suite would be prefect.

General - Just been on the Wolves Fans website and saw a great idea for an end of season/pre season match for charity Villa v Wolves. Maybe even get a vets game in before hand and get Spinksy and McInally involved. I know it may not fit in with MoN's plans but it would be a good way to remember him.

General; Given the adverse weather conditions do you expect the FA Cup replay to be affected? I ask as I will be travelling from South Wales so obviously want to avoid a wasted trip.

Many thanks

General; Given the adverse weather conditions do you expect the FA Cup replay to be affected? I ask as I will be travelling from South Wales so obviously want to avoid a wasted trip.

Many thanks

is on the os that it will be on, they are just keeping an eye on the roads now, it wont be Villa park that stops the game will only be off if the roads are bad

click here

General K

Perhaps you can clear something up. Sky Sports are running an interview in which it says we did not buy any other playersdurint the latest transferwindow as Randy blocked the moves. Furthermore it suggests the economic climate is hiiting us badly.

Has Randy now put a block on spending on players? Are we being badly effected by the economic situation?

Thanks

Hi General, firstly a big thanks to you, Martin, Randy all everyone making Villa a club to be very proud of once again.

Secondly, any idea why the tickets I ordered on line last week could not have been posted as was the plan when I bought them? I went and collected them tonight and even knocked off work early so I could grab a few bits from the club shop for some relatives I am taking along, to my amazement at 5pm the club shop was already closed. Is this normally the case or was it also due to the weather (staff shortages?). If not it seems strange to close so early, especially when 000's of supporters now have to collect their tickets. I cannot think of a single other shop that closes at this time.

Cheers, Neil

EDIT - Sorry, tickets are for the Doncaster game.

General Krulak here:

1. We will look into cash points...as this has been raised and we need to see about it.

2. Holte Pub is by lottery....and, unfortunately, is limited by fire code as to how many we can accomodate.

3. Tubby: replay will go unless something VERY unusual happens.

4. Fuse: With all due respect to Sky Sports, they have muddled the interview with MON. Simply put, MON and Randy Lerner continue to be absolutely on the same sheet of music. MON knows he has the support of Randy and Randy's complete trust and confidence. There is no question that the economic situation is impacting everyone...the man and woman on the street as well as those who are a tad better off. That does NOT mean that money has dried up for the Villa. As I have said many times over, MON knows what the team needs and he knows who is available and he knows what a "correct" price for talent is in the market. Neither Randy nor MON is going to throw money at a player who will not produce on the Pitch for MON at the level of the asking price. MON and the Club picked up Hes at a fair price and he has already proven the wisdom of MON's choice. To start listening to Sky Sports interpretation of a MON interview is something I will not do. I trust MON...I believe in him...I believe in what he is doing with the Club and I believe he acts in the Club's best interests. Obviously, I feel the same way about Randy Lerner. Speaking strictly as a Fan and not a Board Member, I give both men my total support and trust.

Thanks for your reply re. cash points.

General, if you have the time, could you please take a quick look through some of the thoughts on this thread?

Click here

Would it be possible for this to be made public on the official site? We want to get as many people as possible holding the shirts up with the afformentioned "7" on at the Chelsea home game.

thanks

General, over the last couple of days there seems to have been some real shenanikins involving London clubs what is your view and the clubs on the way rules have, or have not been applied?

1 - Bosingwas 'assault' on a Liverpool player and not being punished

2- Arsenal signing someone after the window 'closed' blaming it on the weather when the player had been in London since Sunday night and was talking to Arsenal all day Monday.

3 - Spurs signing three players in the window all who have now or soon will have played for three clubs in less than a year clearly in breach of rules.

The first two can have a massive effect on how our season pans out as two of our rivals will be stronger as a result.

General, over the last couple of days there seems to have been some real shenanikins involving London clubs what is your view and the clubs on the way rules have, or have not been applied?

1 - Bosingwas 'assault' on a Liverpool player and not being punished

2- Arsenal signing someone after the window 'closed' blaming it on the weather when the player had been in London since Sunday night and was talking to Arsenal all day Monday.

3 - Spurs signing three players in the window all who have now or soon will have played for three clubs in less than a year clearly in breach of rules.

The first two can have a massive effect on how our season pans out as two of our rivals will be stronger as a result.

General i have to say that this has been bothering me since it was announce and i noticed Martin even made a mention of the Arshavin signing during his Post match Doncaster interview.

I know we don't wash our linen in public but someone needs to make a stand against the obvious breach in rules that is going on.

It seems everone including Chelsea were shocked at the Boswinga decision and even this could have an affect on Villa. We deserved to lose Young for for that tackle and who knows what effect he would have had against Wigan but all we ask is that the rules apply to everyone as it seems that maybe people in certain places are doing all they can to keep the top 4 a private club where Villa are not wanted.

General ,

I heard the booing couldn't believe it but think it was more out of frustration altho don't condone it .

On another point in Hamburg we went to a pub after the game where most who were there would say it was probably one of the best nights ever following the Villa the band in the pub were fantastic , they did some great cover versions but when they sang Ghost riders in the Sky bought the house down . Just wondered if at the end of the season for the last game it might be worth putting them on in the Holte Suite maybe charge a nominal amount to cover the costs . Can you imagine that after the last game would keep the people in there longer and would be a great end of season bash . Just think something like that on a regular basis would be good .

General you may have missed my question / suggestion just wondered if you though there was any merit in it ?

Thank you

General Krulak here:

1. Actions by other Clubs: Obviously there are people looking into each of these issues. The fact that a Club or Clubs have not vocally and publically raised the issues does not mean that the issues are not being raised and addressed.

2. MYSTERMAN: The reason I did not answer (although it sounds like a real possibility) is that you did not provide any info other than a "Club in Hamburg"...not much to go on when looking for entertainment.