which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

After last night Petric & Olic have jumped to the front of the line for me. Jol sounds like he expects to lose Petric in the next window but hints that Olic might be the better player they work so well together and I hope we are looking at that option now if we were not before last night's game.

Owen would be my prefered choice atm, I think his injury proneness has been due to Newcastle and I think that we can fix that. My only issue would be wages, and I don't think MON would want to pay Owen what he wants, if he wants the mone, expect Owen to go to Man City in the window. However if he wants a challenge I think we may have a very good chance of signing him.

Ashton would also be very good, although again there is the injury issue, though again I think West Ham have the same problem as Newcastle.

And Heskey is far better than Harewood and although I wouldn't be over the moon signing him, he would be decent none the less.

Crouch, no, no, no NO!!! So overated, just no. There was a reason why we sold him last time and it still applies.

Nilmar but knows who it's going to be :puke:

out of all the names 11 said Heskey :bonk:

If/When MON signs him, presumably you'll think MON is stark raving bonkers then, as this smiley suggests?

It would be a big mistake by MON to buy him, just like it was a big mistake to buy Harewood.

what we need is a striker who can score, not a new Harewood

If we sign Heskey i think you could see the biggest split in opinions ever on this board! The ones laughing and complaining and the ones trying to reason with them and pleading Heskey's case that it doesn't matter that he's a striker that never scores :)

I voted Defoe and to back up my opinion out of the players there i will criticise the rest for why i wouldn't have them over defoe:

Owen, RSC, Ashton... fantastic players I admit but my main problem with them is injuries and fitness, I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10 MILLION etc... ON A CROCK.

Heskey- big fish little pond, that simple. He, in my opinion, has the potential to be a good player but also has the potential to be an enormous flop and waste of money, possibly another Harewood in my view.

Doyle- championship player? I'm yet to see his scoring boots in the premiership, risky but not one I would take.

Crouch- ROUTE 1 anyone? Send him to Bolton he would be fantastic for their style of football.

Defoe... bit small I admit but proven finisher, put him on the ball 1 on 1 and 8/10 its in the back of the net. In my opinion we will bid for him as he is English and MON loves his English players. Would love to see the chap in Villa colours, however, if Zaki is still scoring for fun I think we should seriously take a good look at him.

I put a vote in for Heskey - as he is the one we will get. Sadly.

Then you kind of missed the point of the poll.

Did I? Or did I kind of just say it was pointless given the obvious pick of Heskey going to be the one we are buying?

Yes. You missed the point of the poll. Doesn't ask who you think we'll get, it asks who you'd want.

Santa Cruz for me every time.

Ashton would be best for us IMO but he can not stay fit for 5 minutes.

Heskey and Owen would be fantastic but will both deteriorate over the next season or two.

Heskey and Owen would be fantastic but will both deteriorate over the next season or two.

Ashton has not had a history of injuries if you look at his appearance stats, he had one freak accident where he broke his ankle very badly training with the England squad.

In recovering from this a piece of floating bone which is present in 10% of people, became inflamed and this was put right by an operation to remove the trigonum bone.

He has been very unfortunate over the last 18 months but he is now physically fit again, and like Laursen there is no reason why he shouldn't go on to have a great career.

Ashton has not had a history of injuries if you look at his appearance stats, he had one freak accident where he broke his ankle very badly training with the England squad.

In recovering from this a piece of floating bone which is present in 10% of people, became inflamed and this was put right by an operation to remove the trigonum bone.

He has been very unfortunate over the last 18 months but he is now physically fit again, and like Laursen there is no reason why he shouldn't go on to have a great career.

Agreed. It's not ligaments or hamstrings, which are true problem areas with a higher chance of recurrence (Owen / Torres) - broken bones are generally recovered from with no lasting damage.

Ashton is a true talent. I would love him at the Villa.

Â